transfer k2 items to joomla 3.2

• Ben Koren
  • Ben Koren's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 10 months ago #120753 by Ben Koren
transfer k2 items to joomla 3.2 was created by Ben Koren
hello,
i have a site joomla 1.7.5 with K2 v2.5.7
i want to transfer the items from k2 to fresh new installed joomla 3.2 with K2 v2.6.7

i found on the internet this K2 Import / Export 0.9a on this site site

and i successfully export the items to csv file but i didn't notice that the component K2 Import / Export 0.9a is not suitable for joomla 3.x so i dont have any more a tool to import the csv to the new joomla 3.2 with K2 v2.6.7

can any one recommend me on other solution please ? or other component who can import/export on joomla 3x ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ben Koren
  • Ben Koren's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 10 months ago #120754 by Ben Koren
Replied by Ben Koren on topic Re: transfer k2 items to joomla 3.2
ok after no easy solution provided.... this is the solution i did, i think its the easiest solution

after doing all the steps i described on the first steps... i installed fresh new joomla 2.5 with the latest k2
and i imported all CSV file with all of my k2 items and because the latest version of k2 is the same version for joomla 3

i exported all the database tabels of k2 and imported them to the new joomla 3 site and re install k2 and its worked, but i had some Juser problem because the items were not connected to the same user id who created them on the old site so i created new user and change from the data base is id to the old user and all fine working great... i hope this solution will help others who needed to do the same job.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.