Keyword

New To K2

• Shivesh Kumar
  • Shivesh Kumar's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 10 months ago #120885 by Shivesh Kumar
New To K2 was created by Shivesh Kumar
Dear All,

I am new to K2 earlier i was using Joomla for content management, and now i am testing new site on my PC(EASYPHP) with K2, I used IMPORT JOOMLA CONTENT for migrating Joomla Old data to K2. Everything is working fine except some module, In my site i am having multiple categories and sub-categories. The problem is when i am defining the main category everything is showing and opening fine, When i am defining the sub-category the content is displayed in the module but when i click on the link.

Eg. Instead of this link :

teamlogic.in/test1/index.php/k2-page/k2-category/item/584-anonymous-hacks-syrian-ministry-of-public-administration

I am getting this link :( Blank Page)

teamlogic.in/test1/index.php/component/k2/item/584-anonymous-hacks-syrian-ministry-of-public-administration

I thought this is related to the module but i replaced and installed other module but the issue is same.

Hope someone will help me.

Thanks & Regards,
Shivesh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #120886 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic Re: New To K2
You need to have your category mapped in the menu in order for the links to be the same between your category page url and the module's.

• Shivesh Kumar
More
10 years 10 months ago #120887 by Shivesh Kumar
Replied by Shivesh Kumar on topic Re: New To K2
Thanks for the reply, i have tried mapping both way (mapping sub-category in joomla and in k2) but still its not working..I have a category named Tech News, Which doesn't have any sub category when i am defining this category in the K2 module it's working fine but when i am defining any category which is having sub-category it's not working.

I created the test site using quickstart and in that quick start they have already some demo category and article. So there is a sub-category name Cars i moved articles from one of my sub-category (Security News) which is not working in a proper manner( In Module) and selected the Cars in K2 News module also then the link's are working fine. I don't able to understand the actual problem i am having problem with all sub-categories that has been imported from joomla..

Thanks & Regards,
Shivesh

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #120888 by Yiota
Try to map the subcategories in the menu as well.

• Shivesh Kumar
More
10 years 10 months ago #120889 by Shivesh Kumar
Thanks Yiota Ziaggou,

That worked but now i am facing new problem. Many of my content is having right only for register user. Earlier on joomla Guest users were able to see the intro image and intro text. If they had to read whole article then they had to click on read more and need to register or enter username password if he/she is already registered.

But in K2 i am unable to do that all the article which are having register permission are not displaying on the site..

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #120890 by Yiota
I'm afraid that is how K2 works at this point. There is no option to show a part of the item on the list since the item is assigned as Registered. The article will show up on the list once the user logs in.

• Shivesh Kumar
More
10 years 10 months ago #120891 by Shivesh Kumar
Thanks for the reply, If that's the case can i some how change the permissions from register to guest in bulk of all the articles...

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #120892 by Yiota
I'm afraid I will let you down once more. There is no way through the backend to do so. Only through a query to your database you can make the bulk change of the permissions.