Keyword

Orphan articles from Joomla

• Jeremy Fryman
  • Jeremy Fryman's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 10 months ago #120893 by Jeremy Fryman
Orphan articles from Joomla was created by Jeremy Fryman
Hi there I did a global import and most of my articles have come over into K2. Not all I have one or two orphan articles that need to transform into 'items'. I don't want to do another global import as I may produce duplicates.

Any clues.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #120894 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic Re: Orphan articles from Joomla
Where did those articles belong to in Joomla! so that now you see them like orphans?
Do you want them to belong to specific categories and for how many articles are we talking?

• Jeremy Fryman
More
10 years 10 months ago #120895 by Jeremy Fryman
Replied by Jeremy Fryman on topic Re: Orphan articles from Joomla
Ok now my site seems have a mix of articles and K2 content. Not a lot of consistency.

I have over 50 articles (some on view some now not) and a load of K2 content now rebuilt with the menu structure.
It would seem that I have to rebuild ALL my articles as K2? Delete the articles to avoid confusion and a muddy mind.
I can just copy and past the code into a new item, then rebuild the menu but I have a complex form ( chronoform) that refuses to go properly.

So quite a pain and over a day trying to fix it. Also a fair bit of confusion over the different views, category view (different pages!) and item view. Do I repeat the pages? yet again? :(

Also where do my front end editors log into the pages to edit? Have I lost the script icon? It's there on the Joomla pages but not when they are formatted for K2

A few K2 regrets, The missing / thin documentation is a pain....... I was doing OK butit the end of another days inputting but is it all to no avail? :(

host27.qnop.net/~uniquepo/

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #120896 by Yiota
For your frontend editors to login you will have to create a K2 user group in which you will have to assign all frontend editors to it. Also you will have to choose for that user group what will be available for your users to do.

I'm afraid that you cannot avoid rebuilding your menu structure along with some modules in order for your content to change from joomla! to k2.

• Jeremy Fryman
More
10 years 10 months ago #120897 by Jeremy Fryman
Replied by Jeremy Fryman on topic Re: Orphan articles from Joomla
Ok maybe I will leave some stuff as articles and some as items.

Still confusing?

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #120898 by Yiota
This is something you will have to decide.