Keyword

hide/show question

• base143
  • base143's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 10 months ago #121026 by base143
hide/show question was created by base143
I'm using Acymailing to auto generate a newsletter, and K2 to generate the content.
Problem is, the content that K2 is picking up starts with a YouTube link

e.g.:
AWQAUWSTCLoEpisode 22 of the Ontario Agri-Food Technologies (OAFT) video series Game Changers in Agriculture profiles Grasshill Farm Ltd. Based in...

I need that to not show. BUT, I need it to show on the home page, which picks up articles in the main K2 category, and I need it to show in the details page you go to when you click on one of the article headers on the home page.

I played with using the text twice, once with the youtube link in as the intro and once without it for the main text, but I couldn't get it to work on all three places:

i.e.:
1. the home page (to show video then text)
2. the details page - when you click on a home page link (to show video and text)
3. the newsletter (to show text only, with the header a link to the article on the site)

the home page is: biotalk.ca
I can't show you the newsletter page, but here's a screengrab:

It's all perfect except for that code at the beginning of the details text in the newsletter.

The only way I can remove the code right now is to set "show intro" to NO in the module that collects the K2 articles for the newsletter, but then I only have the headline links, and I really need the text that follows.

The actual video link is, for example {youtube} AWQAUWSTCL{/youtube} but the text in the curly quotes is ignored - does anyone know of a youtube plugin that is entirely in curly quotes so it works, but is ignored in the newsletter? Just thinking out loud here....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #121027 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic Re: hide/show question
You need to contact Acymailing support team in order to help you find a way to not fetch any content plugins that are rendered through the item but you do not need them in the newsletter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.