Keyword

How do I stop images from being blown out of size?

• Bui Tyril
  • Bui Tyril's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 10 months ago #121039 by Bui Tyril
Hi guys,

I really love K2 but there is one thing that bothers me right now -- my images are displayed way oversized in Item View. I've tried to go through all of the settings and parameters that I can find and I have even specified sizes (width) where possible as well as selecting Medium sized for image display option. But the problem seems to persist, my poor pictures are automatically blown up to fill the whole content area and it's no pretty sight. How do I fix this?

URL: fbr.nordixis.co

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #121040 by Yiota
I'm suspecting that this comes up from your template. It probably forces your item image to width:100%.
Do you have a link to a page with an item image?

• Bui Tyril
  • Bui Tyril's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 10 months ago #121041 by Bui Tyril
From where I'm sitting now it seems the problem has resolved itself somehow since last night :)

Thanks anyway!

Example item: fbr.nordixis.co/index.php/current-content/ports-shipping-logistics/item/21-flag-of-attraction

Best,
Bui

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #121042 by Yiota
That's good to know. You are welcome.

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #121043 by Maggie Lynch
I figured out my large image problem. It had to do with inheriting parameters from another category.

However, I do have one other problem. On the home page there is an image next to the "Welcome to my World" message, bottom left. It is a stack of books with a dragon one on top. This image came with the template. While I have been able to locate and replace all other images, I cannot find this one to get rid of it. It is not associated with the item. It is not in the media manager at the K2 level, nor at the Joomla level.

I can see the image name is page1_img1.png when I inspect the element, but I can't find it referred anywhere.
maggielynch.com/test

Any help is appreciated.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #121044 by Yiota
I don't see the image you are referring to. I didn't visit maggielynch.com/test, though since I was getting a 404 page but I visited maggielynch.com instead.

You should ask your template provider/developer in order to help you with this image's location.