assign item to multiple authors

• George Nasis
  • George Nasis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
10 years 10 months ago #121129 by George Nasis
assign item to multiple authors was created by George Nasis
Hallo there!
I need help with something complicated. I am trying to achieve a functionality which will offer to a user the opportunity to add an item of another author to him. I imagine it like a button which will do this function. But i don`t want to add the items to a wishlist of the user but in his categories in order to be displayed at his profile page.
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #121130 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic Re: assign item to multiple authors
Unless the user has at least Manager rights he/she cannot assign items to another user.

• George Nasis
  • George Nasis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
10 years 10 months ago #121131 by George Nasis
Replied by George Nasis on topic Re: assign item to multiple authors
Thanx for the response.
Maybe i wasn`t fully understand. I don`t mean he/she to assign it to another user but to add it to himself/herself, not to change the author of the item but simply appear it in his/her items. There are modules which do this but in a way like "wishlist". I want it just be also displayed in his/her items. I publish an item in the category "A" , you hit the button "example" next to the item and the item is published in your profile page under the category "A".But i still remain the author.
Thanx and sorry for the misunderstanding

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #121132 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic Re: assign item to multiple authors
Just a thought, not sure if it would work: if the user used the author alias instead of changing the author himself. Maybe you could try with that option and see if that works for you.