Keyword

Product management advise

• Maucio
  • Maucio's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 10 months ago #121167 by Maucio
Product management advise was created by Maucio
Hi guys,
I am after some product management system advise.

I never user k2, but I am fairily experiment with Joomla.

Basically I will have two main groups, 'costumers' and 'suppliers'. And in the middle of both, will be the products.
And this is where the questions arise.

I was reading about k2 and k2mart, so I am guessing the products side of things k2 will handle pretty well?

The questions are:
I want my suppliers to manage their products, from description to recommended price.
So when each one of them login with their accounts, they can; edit, add, and delete their products.

Can I achieve this with k2 and 2k mart?

The other thing is costumers:
I want each one of them to be able top view their order/purchases history under their own account. And whenever they place a new other I get an email. Can I achieve this with k2 and k2 mart?
Possibly have costumers organised in different groups.

I am not looking for a how to. I just want to know from the more experienced users if k2 and k2mart would be recommended to do what I described above.

I just want to avoid to try to do something with the wrong tools.

Please share your experience.

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #121168 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Product management advise
Hi. Since you need more than a simple cart solution i recommend to use a pure commerce extension instead of K2mart. Yes you can achieve what you want with K2mart but it will require programming knowledge. So instead making your life harder, I think that for your case it is better to evaluate the pure commerce extensions that are available for Joomla! and choose the one that fits best your needs.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.