Keyword

Hide Author area from Item / article view

• eric
  • eric's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 10 months ago #121236 by eric
im using K2 v2.6.7
When i look at an article, the Author information takes up a space on the left side,
A vertical bar / field on the page and i want to remove that.

Already below the TITLE and next to CATEGORY / RATING is "Written by" and i really dont need more then that.
I would liike to use all theavailable space below for the article content but id need to remove the AUTHOR informatiom from that view area.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #121237 by Yiota
Hello,

All of your issues can be handled by CSS. A link to your page would be helpful to understand what spaces you need to remove.

For the "Written by" definition you will have to create a K2 template override (read here getk2.org/documentation/tutorials/174-templating-with-k2-and-the-concepts-of-sub-templates how the overrides work and comment out this line
<?php echo K2HelperUtilities::writtenBy($this->item->author->profile->gender); ?>
from the item.php file.

More
10 years 2 months ago #121238 by Jim
OK, I am reading this now and I have tried to simply TOGGLE OFF everywhere I could find to do this. It works fine globally with any Joomla template I have ever used by turning it off in Article Manager > Options.

I guess I am lost, as the thing is? I will be using Multiple templates possibly in this site I want to do, so I need to create over rides for each and every template? I am using Rocket Theme for (2) or them now.

Thanks in advance,

Jim

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 2 months ago #121239 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Hide Author area from Item / article view
This option is located in the category's settings.
Simply select to hide the author and/or the author details.

If that category inherits its settings from another category then you need to edit that "master" category. Category inheritance is almost the same as global options.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)