Keyword

Ordering items in K2 'view items in category' menu

More
10 years 10 months ago #121295 by Woodi
Hi, I'm using the most recent update of Joomla 3, and K2 2.6.7. I have a menu that is displaying all items in a category. I've the option in the category set to view by 'order'.

However this doesn't seem to have any effect on what is being displayed on site. There doesn't seem to be an option anywhere in the menu setup to display items by 'order'.

If I go and view the items in a category, I can drag order them no problem - there doesn't seem to be a visible save option in J3, so am assuming they are saved as I drag them?

Suggestions please, this ought to be a simple thing and hopefully I am missing something really obvious.
cheers
Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #121296 by Steve
Just a quick thing to check - is the "Inherit parameter options from category" set to another category?

More
10 years 10 months ago #121297 by Woodi
No - the 'Item ordering' option is set to 'ordering', and although this is a subcategory it is using its own parameter options. I've tried this, and also inheriting parameters from the parent, which is set up in the same way.
The site is displaying by creation date (asc) whatever I do. Am using Beez 3 template and I don't think there is an override issue.

More
10 years 10 months ago #121298 by Woodi
One other thing - the 'Category Item Layout' options, which also includes 'other layout options' - does this apply only when a module is displaying content (which I'm not).

I just need to order content properly when items are displayed in a category listing.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #121299 by Yiota
You need to use the K2 SVN version which is compatible with Joomla! 3.2 version and fixes things like save, publish, etc.
You can download it through getk2.org/assets/get/

More
10 years 10 months ago #121300 by Woodi
Thanks - I've installed that version, but viewing everything in a category still orders it by creation date regardless of what else I do..

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #121301 by Yiota
Check that your menu item doesn't inherit its options through the category or that the category doesn't inherit its options through another category.

More
10 years 10 months ago #121302 by Woodi
Where can my menu item inherit settings from the category?

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #121303 by Yiota
Where have you enabled the Ordering option? Do you have it in the menu item of this category?

More
10 years 10 months ago #121304 by Woodi
I am displaying a single category using menu type k2 Content. There isn't an ordering option at the menu stage - the only ordering option I get is at the category settings level.

When I view the list of items in admin, order by 'order', and drag them about, there isn't an option to save that order - does it save as they are dragged?

Either - 1. My items aren't saving in the order I choose ; 2. The menu will only display them in created date or 3. I have failed to set an option somewhere.

I've used Joomla a lot, and I can't think of why this isn't displaying right. I've checked the item itself (no sort option there); category - no inherited parameters, and the option to display by order exists; menu - no option to sort here when displaying a single category. Even the basic Joomla article setting is set to 'order' too, just in case.