Keyword

Unable to edit/save K2 settings

• Dale R Gingerich
  • Dale R Gingerich's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 10 months ago #121336 by Dale R Gingerich
Unable to edit/save K2 settings was created by Dale R Gingerich
Joomla 3.2
Latest and Dev versions of K2 result in same problem (the dev solution I found in a related forum on this site)

I could not add the captcha keys as required, could not change any of the switches, etc. I could select save and Joomla would respond by saying my configuration changes were saved, but the changes would have all reverted back to their original form and/or their default setting or content.

I did notice that K2 had a switch below the captcha keys subsection under the advanced tab which said something to the effect "enable captcha to show on registration page" and the default was set to "no" or not to be enabled.

The minute i removed K2, captcha showed up on the registration page and all works well now.......minus having the benefits of K2

With K2, the password reset and the username reset pages worked just fine, only the registration page would not show captcha, and going back to my other problem of not being able to change the extensions (K2) parameters, it was locked not to show.

That is the only way I found to get the captcha on my reg page, as for the parameter saving problem, unable to rectify it, and no-one on the K2 site appears to acknowledge or have any suggestions to solve the problem.

But, would prefer to be able to use the benefits and tools of K2, any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanking you in advance,

Dale

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dale R Gingerich
More
10 years 10 months ago #121337 by Dale R Gingerich
Replied by Dale R Gingerich on topic Re: Unable to edit/save K2 settings
Should also add that this has occurred 3 times (3 websites where I wish to use K2), under different scenarios

1 - Godaddy older "Ultimate" shared server
2 - Godaddy newer "Ultimate" shared Cloud server
3 - Private hosting firm out of Florida

(all 3 meet or exceed all requirement parameters)

Also error is the same in Chrome, Firefox, IE

Again, thanks in advance,

Dale

More
10 years 10 months ago #121338 by Lapadatu virgil
Replied by Lapadatu virgil on topic Re: Unable to edit/save K2 settings
Hi i'm having the same issue too. Please, if you manage to solve it post your solution.

• Dale R Gingerich
More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #121339 by Dale R Gingerich
Replied by Dale R Gingerich on topic Re: Unable to edit/save K2 settings
Forgive my tardiness in responding, however have a number of projects on the go, and not as much time as I would like.

Did I find a solution? No, I have not, but what I did find out in my case, was that the changes, would appear to revert back to their "default" settings, after checking back the next day, they had in fact been saved. In all three of my above scenarios, behaved the same.

To reiterate, initially upon making the edit in the parameters section, clicking on either save or save and close, immediately the selections would revert back to their default value. I did some other quick testing and found that the changes saved, to my parameters after about an hour.

So I was in fact able to make my changes, and therefore left well enough alone......until I have to change something again.

** Update **

I did notice one thing, and can't remember where I read it, but when checking my dbase, I did notice that ALL of the new K2 tables which were freshly installed, were in InnoDB table engine, as opposed to the Myisam engine. Innodb apparently is the "default" engine for "cloud-type" servers, of which all three of the above are (new godaddy cloud cpanel service, albeit different accounts).

I did in fact change the engine with regards to the K2 tables from Innodb to Myisam, at which time all started to function properly again.

Not sure about this, but I did read somewhere that Innodb may not write changes to disk immediately like Myisam does.

Sorry for the wordy response, hope someone can make sense of this

Dale