Keyword

Installed, activated, problems

• Kevin Sullivan
  • Kevin Sullivan's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #121458 by Kevin Sullivan
Installed, activated, problems was created by Kevin Sullivan
Hi,

I built my site with vanilla Joomla + Gantry Framework + community builder. It's at kevinjsullivan.com. I've installed and activated K2 (except for "User", which I believe will conflict with the CB login module I'm using). The K2 Control panel is available under Admin > System > ControlPanel. Options like Add New Item and Categories appear to work. However,

(1) Documentation and a few other buttons bring up blank panels
(2) More seriously, when I try to import my existing articles, I get 404 not found at this URL" kevinjsullivan.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_k2&view=items

Note that I do have nice URLs turned on. Also note, my entire site is https.

Any ideas? Is there any more information I can provide? Oh, I'm running Joomla 3.2, downloaded just a few weeks ago.

Kevin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kevin Sullivan
  • Kevin Sullivan's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 10 months ago #121459 by Kevin Sullivan
Replied by Kevin Sullivan on topic Re: Installed, activated, problems
Partial solution: What I was seeing was the failure of numerous back-end (administrator) pages to re-render after executing a K2-related operation (such as saving changes or importing items). The functions *were* actually being performed, but Joomla would give me 404 or other "not found" errors on returning from performing these functions. The problem turned out to be GZip compression. When I turned that OFF in Admin > System > Global Config, re-rendering problems went away. The site's also more responsive. I'll follow up later if/when I figure out what I'm getting blank dialogs coming up when I select documentation or a few other options in the K2 control panel.

• Concerto Designs Inc.
More
10 years 10 months ago #121460 by Concerto Designs Inc.
Replied by Concerto Designs Inc. on topic Re: Installed, activated, problems
Kevin:
I encountered significant issues loading the site - it's running r e a l l y slowly.
I suspect that your site issues stem from:
1. the template (commercial templates suffer from divitis, bloat, etc.).
2. the 18 .js scripts loaded in the <head> section.
This is most likely where K2 gets gummed up. In a clean set up, K2 runs fast and brilliantly.
3. possibly https - not sure why you want to run the whole site in ssl - check your server settings, especially if you are running apache with vhost.

Using gzip compression is indeed a risky choice, since it alters load order (not so good for event management).

Beyond that, you don't have the SEF-urls set up correctly in Kunena (not surprising - it's a bit tricky).
I would recommend contracting a developer for a few hours work to bring the UI up to speed. The typography and layout do not do justice to the site.

If you would like me to take a look at the backend, let me know. My overall sense is that you have way too many extensions loaded for what should be a straightforward J site with K2 CB, etc.
-Alan