Keyword

template over ride with JSN Epic Pro.

• Ugur Dur
  • Ugur Dur's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #121478 by Ugur Dur
template over ride with JSN Epic Pro. was created by Ugur Dur
I think i am about to loose the last remaining hair follicle left on my scalp :pinch:
i followed the video on OS training and did the following steps because the template (JSN Epic Pro) already has a template for K2.

Copied the my_website_url/templates/jsn_epic_pro/html/com_k2/templates/default

and renamed it to "newtemplate" then pasted the copy to the template folder with the associated css file (newtemplate_style.css) to

my_website_url/templates/jsn_epic_pro/html/com_k2/templates//newtemplate

i goto a category and select the template over ride ( new_template) save and close... so far so good ( gee i hope soo :blink: :blink: :blink: )

when i go view the page source ... the information given does not show the new css (newtemplate_style.css file being loaded ??? in other words the template override is not working??

i probably whatc the video to the verge of memorizing every harmonic sound wave but still stuck... :ohmy:

please excuse my ignorance as i am a infant when it comes to web dev.

any pointer would be appreciated
(p.s - i have installed CSS4k2 , Joomla v3.2, K2.6.7, JSN Epic Pro Template: v6.0.0 with Framework: 2.1.2 )

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #121479 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic Re: template over ride with JSN Epic Pro.
The steps you have followed for the K2 overrides are correct but some template providers , like JSN, do not follow the regular MVC methods as they should be. Instead they use other methods to load overrides and that is why you cannot find a way for your overrides to work.

You need to advice your template provider to find a solution with this one, I'm afraid.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.