Keyword

Cannot save or edit from frontend NOR backend

• Jennifer de Spain
  • Jennifer de Spain's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 10 months ago #121480 by Jennifer de Spain
Cannot save or edit from frontend NOR backend was created by Jennifer de Spain
Here is the site I built in Joomla 3.1 (recently updated to 3.2): AdeyemiBooks.com

I was doing last minute touches to the site to make sure everything was ready for presenting to my clients and I realized that I couldn't save any new items in the front end. I could create one in the backend, but I cannot unpublish any items from the backend. The edit feature in the frontend is not working as well. I click "Edit Item" when logged in as a user with editing permissions, and I get a page with the rendered version of the post without any options to change any text at all.

The user I am logged in as is part of a group that DOES have permissions to edit and add. Also, the backend issues are happening when logged in as a SuperUser. I am not sure what is going on here. I would think that a SuperUser should not have any issues.

Any help would be great! Thank you!

Jennifer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #121481 by salim sonmez
Replied by salim sonmez on topic Re: Cannot save or edit from frontend NOR backend
did you edit settings on user group page ?

Attachment not found

Attachments:

• Jennifer de Spain
More
10 years 10 months ago #121482 by Jennifer de Spain
Replied by Jennifer de Spain on topic Re: Cannot save or edit from frontend NOR backend
Here is a screenshot of the group's permissions. It is the only group:

I also have a custom user group created in the main Joomla user manager. Here is a screenshot of the permissions I gave that user group:

I don't see any configuration that should be causing this. Do you have any ideas?

Thank you so much!

Jennifer

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #121483 by Yiota
Have you assigned your users to this K2 User Group?
Also check if you have enabled the Frontend Editing from the K2 Parameters.

• Jennifer de Spain
More
10 years 10 months ago #121484 by Jennifer de Spain
Replied by Jennifer de Spain on topic Re: Cannot save or edit from frontend NOR backend
There are three users in that K2 User Group - My two clients and myself. (I am a SuperUser, but we are all part of the Joomla User Group "Adeyemi" that I talked about.).

Front end editing is indeed enabled:

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #121485 by Yiota
Have you tried removing the Super User from the Adeyemi Joomla User Group and check if you can addd/edit items both in backend and frontend?
Check in the backend first.

• Jennifer de Spain
More
10 years 10 months ago #121486 by Jennifer de Spain
Actually, I mistyped. My account (SuperUser) is not also in the Joomla User Group "Adeyemi," but we ARE all in the K2 user group "Adeyemi." Sorry! What shall I check now?

Jennifer

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #121487 by Yiota
You do not see the Add/Edit buttons at all when you login in the frontend?

• Jennifer de Spain
More
10 years 10 months ago #121488 by Jennifer de Spain
No, I see them in the front end. They just don't work. The edit button pulls up a non-editable pop-up modal, and the "Add New Item" button/links pulls up a modal with input fields, all of which become blank when you click save. There is no evidence of what was just typed in the new item being saved anywhere. Also, I can't change the published status in the backend of any if the items I created previously as a Super User.

Thank you!

• Jennifer de Spain
More
10 years 10 months ago #121489 by Jennifer de Spain
Yiota had emailed back to me (because I responded to the subscription email via email instead of via the forum by mistake) and said that she suspects many javascript issues. She told me to try installing the "SVN version."

I did and now I can publish and unpublish from the backend.

However, I still cannot save new items from the front end. :-(

Also, now the edit button pulls up an editable item modal, BUT when I click to save it, the old item is restored and my changes are deleted. :-(

Jennifer