Keyword

Are there any forums out there that work with K2?

• Richard
  • Richard's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #121514 by Richard
I recently purchased a template that uses K2 for the content. As a new user to Joomla, I have been warming up to it. But now I have installed the Kunena forum only to discover that the user login/info is completely different from that used with K2 for article comments.

I really need a forum, but I certainly don't want to require my users to register for the site AND the forums separately.

I am not married to Kunena, but the template I am using is heavily intertwined with K2, and I need a forum platform that works with K2. I can't seem to find any forum that indicates that it will integrate with K2. Is there any such thing?

Thanks.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I am using Joomla 2.5 for this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Concerto Designs Inc.
More
10 years 10 months ago #121515 by Concerto Designs Inc.
Replied by Concerto Designs Inc. on topic Re: Are there any forums out there that work with K2?
Richard:
Sounds like you need one login to rule them all?
There are ways to integrate K2 user/Kunena/Joomla user management.
Your template may help - or hinder.
If you are looking to insert K2 content into Kunena or vice versa - that can be done, but methods will vary.
If you can provide more details or some links. I can take a look.
Cheers!
Alan

More
10 years 10 months ago #121516 by Anthony
K2 integrates with community builder doesn't it? I'm only just now starting to take a look at K2 so havent got my head around it all. Kunena i know does integrate with CB, so perhaps use that to bridge the two and keep the login info etc global?