Keyword

Comment error "name or address in use"

• Marcel Vossen
  • Marcel Vossen's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 9 months ago #121551 by Marcel Vossen
Comment error "name or address in use" was created by Marcel Vossen
Hi there,

On my site I have K2 installed and I have been getting this error when I try out my comment section:

"The Name or Email Address you typed is already in use!"

The solution for this however, that I always find on this forum and other places is not correct for me, because the text is not in the file that is mentioned there:

getk2.org/community/New-to-K2-Ask-here-first/141741-Leaving-Comments-The-name-or-email-address-you-typed-is-already-in-use

The file components/com_k2/models/item.php in my installation doesn't even contain this code....

Does anybody know what to do?

Marcel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 9 months ago #121552 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic Re: Comment error "name or address in use"
That code exists between lines 1183-1194 of the exact same file.
What you need to keep in mind is that when an upgrade of the component occurs you will lose this modification since this is a core K2 file.

More
10 years 9 months ago #121553 by Eddy
I get exactly that same error message, but why??

I am not logged in at all, visiting just as guest and want to leave a message. But I cannot.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 9 months ago #121554 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic Re: Comment error "name or address in use"
If you haven't enabled comments for Public use then you won't be able to add any comments if you are just a guest.

More
7 years 10 months ago #159217 by Victor
Replied by Victor on topic Re: Comment error "name or address in use"
I can't help but wonder if words "JoomlaWorks Support Team Member" actually mean "hardcore trained to respond in such a way that doesn't ever help anybody"? In both topics about this stupid "check" that won't allow visitors to comment on anything under k2 final answer is by such a "support team member", one is "this is for spoofing chick" and another is "If you haven't enabled comments for Public use then you won't be able to add any comments if you are just a guest" nonesence. How both of those answers help my visitors to comment???
The issue showing that this "atnti-spoofing" check was coded in a stupid way is SIX YEARS OLD at least and yet still there's no way to turn this stupid "option" off!
Would anybody please provide WORKING solution to this BUG (not a code hack)????

Used to use latest versions of your products, now realized those were bugs, so steadily lowering the dose of this drug and coming out cleaner and cleaner

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 10 months ago #159227 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Comment error "name or address in use"
This attitude will not get you any help in this forum.
Keep this up and you will end up banned.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
7 years 9 months ago #159798 by Victor
Replied by Victor on topic Re: Comment error "name or address in use"

Krikor wrote: This attitude will not get you any help in this forum.
Keep this up and you will end up banned.

Ok, I took a month of time out to make sure you won't provide any solution either. You don't like me attitude??? Well, I don't like your attitude - there was no solution to the bug for six years, there was no solution in responses of your “support team member”, there was no solution in your answer either and nothing has been done in a month since. So, my observation was right. Thus, I don't care if you ban me on this site, because I have banned your extensions on all sites that are under my agency. Active as of today.

Yes, we must re-learn now,
yes, I had been quite heavily relying on your SIGPRO and AllVideo, (there are competing forces seen on JED, not a big deal),
yes, I must manually migrate over a thousand articles on my personal website back to content_com,

yet, reasoning that Joomla! has finally grown up into full scale CMS itself lately and doesn’t need crutches anymore, thus a lot of options offered by K2 are redundant,
of those that are not redundant, K2 has more bugs then features,
since k2 updates once per epoch (latest update was not fixing anything but compatibility with new J! version and provided more bugs in it) and
since your forum has developed a tendency to never solve anything until I provoke your personal anger (which was not the case few years ago, when we began to journey with you, we were together since 2008)
we are starting replacing your products with your competitors...

You wanna ban me? Outta you go! It’s mutual and I have you banned already anyway…

Used to use latest versions of your products, now realized those were bugs, so steadily lowering the dose of this drug and coming out cleaner and cleaner

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 9 months ago #159802 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Comment error "name or address in use"
This means that you are using an email that belongs to a registered user.
Without that check anyone could post a comment as you the site's owner.

Since you are not a public user, you need to login before you comment.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
7 years 9 months ago #159813 by Victor
Replied by Victor on topic Comment error "name or address in use"
What you're talking about is INTENDED behavior, not factual. If that would be the case, we'd never raise the topic! It won't let any two people with the same name even though different emails. See screenshot: https://yadi.sk/i/UvxAMbyv34BG7m - It never even goes to email check - stumbles over name field.