Keyword

Extrafields Language Override in Frontend Editor

• Mohammed
  • Mohammed's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 10 months ago #121614 by Mohammed
Hi,

I'm using Joomla 2.5 with K2 v2.6.7

I have a multilingual site and I've created language overrides for the labels and values of all the K2 Extra Fields I'm using. The overrides work properly everywhere in the site except in the frontend editor.

Anyone has any idea where I need to look to allow the overrides to apply to the extrafields in the frontend editor?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #121615 by Yiota
The Frontend editing gets the admin's form and that is why it ignores your overrides.
First of all make sure that your user has the correct language set for its backend since that is the one handling the frontend editing form's language as well.

My question is this: what translation method do you use?

• Mohammed
  • Mohammed's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 9 months ago #121616 by Mohammed
Thanks for the reply.

I modified /components/com_k2/models/item.php directly so that all the extra field labels and values are marked with Jhtml for replacement with overrides. My website has two languages and I added 'site' level overrides for both languages to cover all the extra field labels and values.

Suspecting that it could be an 'administrator' vs 'site' override issue, I added all the overrides to the 'administrator' side as well, but with no luck.

All the extra fields are translating correctly everywhere, including K2 item pages, JA K2 Extra Filter module fields, and Category view pages. Only in the front end "Add Item" editor do the extra field values not translate. The labels do translate.

Any insight would be appreciated.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 9 months ago #121617 by Yiota
Do you have different extrafield groups per language assigned in let's say English category and Spanish category or you are using a translation extension such as Falang or Joomfish?