Keyword

[SOLVED] Item image in category view - add url to image ?

• jeanette hustad
  • jeanette hustad's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #121796 by jeanette hustad
Replied by jeanette hustad on topic Re: Item image in category view - add url to image ?
Its a required text field (not area) with no default value.
And yes i see the whole url when looking at the article, it goes like this: www.bonderomantikk.no (showing http:// also in front of the www - it was just stripped here in this answer )

But i also notice when i hover the image, it is not showing me the address to www.bonderomantikk.no, its showing me www.skilsmisse.net

I figure there is something not quite right in the php code, but i cannot see where and whats might be wrong.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 9 months ago #121797 by Yiota
Check that you have the Extrafields enabled in this category listing.

• jeanette hustad
More
10 years 9 months ago #121798 by jeanette hustad
Replied by jeanette hustad on topic Re: Item image in category view - add url to image ?
That was it!
I had the fields displayed in item view but not in category view.

But, then there is another issue; what do i add to open the link in a new window (not self) ?

And also, would it be possible to somehow hide the extrafields in the category view, cause it dont look any good.....

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 9 months ago #121799 by Yiota
To open the link in a new page you have to add to the <a> property a target="_blank" as follows
<a href="<?php echo $this->item->extraFields->webadresse->value; ?>" title="<?php if(!empty($this->item->image_caption)) echo K2HelperUtilities::cleanHtml($this->item->image_caption); else echo K2HelperUtilities::cleanHtml($this->item->title); ?>" target="_blank">

To hide the rest of the extra fields block you can either do it by commenting out its block of code in the category_item.php file or through css by adding to the class .catItemExtraFields a display:none;

• jeanette hustad
More
10 years 9 months ago #121800 by jeanette hustad
wow so pleased! :cheer:

Thank you so much Yiota and Krikor for amazing help! And thanks for beeing so patient with me :-)