Keyword

Displaying Category Image in mod_k2_Tools module

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #121910 by Greg
I have searched the forum and there does seem to be a few people asking how they can have the category image displayed next to the category title when usin ghte the K2 Tools module with Category list option selected.

This is a fantastic way to display the categories, however for my application I need it to be less a list and more a click able button. I have done this with CSS ( restyled the list) however I have no Idea how to get the image to show next to the Category Title,

Essentially something similar as to what is displayed in the category page when in category view of content.

Please help.

Many Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 9 months ago #121911 by Yiota
I'm afraid that you cannot do that without tampering with the module's core file. The category image is not fetched through the database for you to use it somehow in the file plus all output for this module's view is fetched from the core files. You can try to add your code to the categories.php file of the module mod_k2_tools, after you create an override of the module itself, but I haven't tried it myself so I can't give you any guidelines for that.

Maybe this post will get you started somehow:

getk2.org/community/New-to-K2-Ask-here-first/157043-How-can-i-display-the-category-image-using-mod_k2_tools-module

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.