Keyword

[SOLVED] "An error has occurred." when saving anything

More
10 years 9 months ago #122159 by nifi
When I save an article or update a category I get a Error Message page which says "An error has occurred. 0 SQL=UPDATE `jos_k2_items` SET `title`=' .... and then the whole articel as an SQL Statement. There's no real Error Message but from the looks I guess it has something to do with my database. I can save articles outside of K2 with the joomla editor. I recently migrated joomla from 1.5 to 3, so there should be the problem somewhere. Does anybody have an idea what could cause this probem? Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 9 months ago #122160 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: "An error has occurred." when saving anything
Is you DB up to date?

You can try reinstalling K2.

PS. ALWAYS backup before doing anything.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
10 years 9 months ago #122161 by nifi
Thanks, a reinstall of k2 actually did the trick!

More
10 years 9 months ago #122162 by Adam
Hi, I was experiencing similar problems to ovsovso.

Since a Joomla update yesterday I was getting similar error messages when trying to save K2 items.

I found that normal Joomla articles were fine.

I went to run an akeeba backup before doing anything but that wouldn't work as it also generated error messages when I tried to run it. I have a backup from fairly recently anyway so it's not tooooo much of a problem.

Following reading this thread, I also tried to reinstall K2. Unfortunately, the problem now seems to have got worse.

The section of my site which delivers K2 content is now down and now only displays a page with the following error:

SQL=SELECT i.*, CASE WHEN i.modified = 0 THEN i.created ELSE i.modified END as lastChanged, c.name as categoryname,c.id as categoryid, c.alias as categoryalias, c.params as categoryparams FROM sltzy_k2_items as i RIGHT JOIN sltzy_k2_categories AS c ON c.id = i.catid WHERE i.published = 1 AND i.access IN(1,1) AND i.trash = 0 AND c.published = 1 AND c.access IN(1,1) AND c.trash = 0 AND ( i.publish_up = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR i.publish_up <= '2013-12-17 09:30:55' ) AND ( i.publish_down = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR i.publish_down >= '2013-12-17 09:30:55' ) AND c.id IN (12) ORDER BY i.publish_up DESC LIMIT 0, 10

When I go to the admin panel and select components -> K2, I now just get the error message:

"An error has occurred

0 SQL=SELECT COUNT(*) FROM sltzy_k2_items AS i WHERE trash=0 AND catid IN (12)"

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I was on the cusp of launching the site tonight and now everything has gone completely wrong!

Many thanks

More
10 years 9 months ago #122163 by Adam
After some further investigation I went in to PHPmyadmin on my cPanel and manually examined sltzy_k2_items table that was listed in the error message.

It was throwing an error message that said the table needed to be repaired. I simply repaired the table and now the problem seems to be resolved.

If anyone else reading this has the same problem.

Go to PHPmyadmin -> Find the table mentioned -> Select the table -> select repair table from the drop down at the bottom.

Problem solved!