Keyword

[SOLVED] Web page goes blank when saving in K2 admin

• Mats Arvendal
  • Mats Arvendal's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #122336 by Mats Arvendal
Hi,

I'm working on a Joomla 3.2 installation with K2 2.6.7. I get repeating blank (or white) page problems after updating to Joomla 3.2.1 (yesterday).

Hitting "Save" after editing a K2 category results in a blank page. Using the tool "view component" in Google Chrome displays only this code:
<html>
<object type="type="{0C55C096-0F1D-4F28-AAA2-85EF591126E7}" cotype="cs" id="cosymantecbfw" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"></object>
<head>
<script id="waxCS">
var WAX = function () { var _arrInputs; return { getElement: function (i) { return _arrInputs[i]; }, setElement: function(i){ _arrInputs=i; } } }(); function waxGetElement(i) { return WAX.getElement(i); } function coSetPageData(t, d){ if('wax'==t) { WAX.setElement(d);} }</script></head>
<body></body>
</html>

When I re-inlog to Joomlas control panel I get a message at the top that the category is saved.

I turned on error report to "development" and the messages I get are:

1. When landing at K2 dashboard on "first" login (i e before editing anything in K2):
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /customers/8/4/6/my-website.se/httpd.www/jms30/administrator/components/com_k2/views/categories/view.html.php on line 78 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /customers/8/4/6/my-website.se/httpd.www/jms30/administrator/components/com_k2/views/categories/view.html.php on line 78 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /customers/8/4/6/my-website.se/httpd.www/jms30/administrator/components/com_k2/views/categories/view.html.php on line 78 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /customers/8/4/6/my-website.se/httpd.www/jms30/administrator/components/com_k2/views/categories/view.html.php on line 78 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /customers/8/4/6/my-website.se/httpd.www/jms30/administrator/components/com_k2/views/categories/view.html.php on line 78 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /customers/8/4/6/my-website.se/httpd.www/jms30/administrator/components/com_k2/views/categories/view.html.php on line 78

2. After blank page error, when re-inlogging into Joomla:
Notice: Undefined index: in /customers/8/4/6/my-website.se/httpd.www/jms30/administrator/templates/isis/html/message.php on line 24

Anyone who knows what's going on?

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 9 months ago #122337 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Web page goes blank when saving in K2 admin
Actually these are notices not actual errors.

I suggest you try upgrading to K2 2.6.8 DEV build which is more suitable for J! 3.2

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Mats Arvendal
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 9 months ago #122338 by Mats Arvendal
Replied by Mats Arvendal on topic Re: Web page goes blank when saving in K2 admin
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. Is the dev build OK for production websites?
Best regards

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 9 months ago #122339 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Web page goes blank when saving in K2 admin
Yes, it is perfectly safe.

Since you seem to experience issues like this, I think it is the only way.

You should always backup before updating if you want to be 100% safe.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Mats Arvendal
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 9 months ago #122340 by Mats Arvendal
Replied by Mats Arvendal on topic Re: Web page goes blank when saving in K2 admin
Where can I find it?

Best regards

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 9 months ago #122341 by Krikor Boghossian

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Mats Arvendal
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 9 months ago #122342 by Mats Arvendal
Thanks!!!

• Mats Arvendal
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 9 months ago #122343 by Mats Arvendal
Hi again,

Sorry to say, but the K2 v2.6.8 (Dev Build) didn't solve the problem.

Maybe the joomla update 3.2.1 creates something more troublesome? All my problems started after that update. I worked on my development site for a couple of weeks (with Joomla 3.2) without any of these problems.

I also noticed now a problem with no item (article) image display in article view (frontend).

Maybe I have to go back to older Joomla version?

Best regards

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #122344 by Krikor Boghossian
I cannot reproduce the buggy behaviour using Joomla! 3.2.1

It is possible that another extension in producing these errors. Downgrading would be a solution at this point I guess.

As for the image, you can make sure it is not an issue with your overrides.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Mats Arvendal
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 9 months ago #122345 by Mats Arvendal
Thanks for your reply.

Perhaps it may have something to do with the server? The last half hour I noticed that sometimes - when for example saving categories - I land in K2:s dashboard and sometimes on a blank page. The browser is always processing the command for a really long time. The website is hosted on One.com - which I am not all that content with. But the website belongs to a NGO with low budget...

The extentions used on this particular website are:
- Akeeba
- All Videos (JoomlaWorks)
- Chronoforms (Component, module and plugin)
-Simple Image Gallery Pro (JoomlaWorks)
-K2Store
-JCE

I updated another website to Joomla 3.2 some weeks ago with almost the same extensions as this one. There all have worked fine, no problems with K2 and blank pages. But another host though...

The image problem: This was my first asumption - that I had deleted that part in my overrrides. But I checked and all was there. And when I use the tool "view Component" in Chrome the source contains the generated html code and the link in Chrome's elements tab leads to the image. So there must be some problem. It's funny, because the image displays in category view.

Best regards