Keyword

Help with front page layout

• Taylor P
  • Taylor P's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 9 months ago #122558 by Taylor P
Help with front page layout was created by Taylor P
I'm sure this is rather elementary but I'm kind of at a loss. I have two separate questions that involve the front page of my website. I'd like to use K2 categories as the front page. K2 has a default way of organizing its front page. At the top is a list of all categories. Below that is a list of featured items. I have figured out how to get those to show to my liking.

My problem is I'd like to add text above the categories that are listed. I can't seem to do that properly:
themusicianscorner.com/artist-directory.html

This will become my front page. How can I add content above the section labeled "Artist Directory"
Is this possible? If not, I can use a standard item, but how would I show the categories in an item (I've played with the K2 content module but could not get it to display the same)

My second question is a news feed type layout on the front page. I've attached a sample of a K2 news feed that I found. Is there an easy way to get a display like this or is it all customized through templates?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• olsen
  • Elite Member
  • Joomla and K2 Freelancer
More
10 years 9 months ago #122559 by olsen
Replied by olsen on topic Re: Help with front page layout
First Question: Place a module above the categories. Use K2_content module if you have your text within K2 or a simple HTML module.

Second: To have the same layout you must adjust your template and css

Didn't solve your issues?? Why dont you consider hire me? Email me or contact me www.xevedigital.com for details

• Taylor P
  • Taylor P's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 9 months ago #122560 by Taylor P
Replied by Taylor P on topic Re: Help with front page layout
Olsen, Thanks for the info. I was afraid of having to do mess with the template and css. A tad above (at least I think) my skills.

Thanks for the info on the module position. I'll mess around with that and give it a go. Thank You for the response!