Keyword

Publisher user can NOT see articles unpublished???

• baijianpeng
  • baijianpeng's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 9 months ago #122561 by baijianpeng
In fact, someone had already asked this question 10 months before but it seems that K2 team does not noticed it: getk2.org/community/New-to-K2-Ask-here-first/169507-Frontend-creation-are-not-publish#169507

So, I have to ask the same qestion again, just with a new title to make it clear:

Why the Publisher user at frontend can NOT see articles unpublished???

What I have done:

I created two user groups in K2, one is author, one is Publisher, and let the former to "add new" and "edit self"; allow the latter group to "add new" , "edit any" and "publish".

Yes, I also assigned correct group to users.

Next , the "author" user created a new K2 article at frontend. After save, that article did not show up. I understand this, because he has no permission to publish his article.

Then, I log in site frontend with "Publisher" gropu user, I think this Publisher SHOULD see any articles, both published and unpublished. But in fact, this Publisher user ONLY see those published articles.

That means, I have to login to backend to publish an article.

So, my question is:

How can I publish k2 articles from frontend?

www.joomlagate.com

Chinese Joomla! Users Portal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 9 months ago #122562 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Publisher user can NOT see articles unpublished???
No need to write in caps.

a) We are not blind
b) We will not answer any faster.

By default unpublished items are not visible in category listings.
If you wish you can hack the models/itemlist file (around line 69) to also show unpublished item.

Then in the category loops you have to make sure that these items are not visible to guests.

You can also look for an extension which offers this functionality at the JED or at getk2.org/extend

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• baijianpeng
More
10 years 9 months ago #122563 by baijianpeng
Thank you for your help.

Since you are the official member of K2 team, then my further quesiton is: if the "unpublished article in k2" is invisible even to a Super User, then, who can publish other's article in frontend?

I think this is a defect of permission design of K2. You should allow some group (like Publisher or Admin) to see those "unpublished" articles in frontend.

BTW, I noticed that since 2 years ago, meny users are struggling on this issue. If you also noticed those posts , hope you will improve K2 to fulfill this request.

In the end, I think K2 should directly use the Joomla core ACL ( Joomla 2.5+) , instead of independent user permission system ( you know, Joomla Admin has no right to submit K2 article without extra permission setting is K2).

Thanks.

www.joomlagate.com

• olsen
  • Elite Member
  • Joomla and K2 Freelancer
More
10 years 9 months ago #122564 by olsen
A little trick is if you have a user item list you can see unpublished items and edit them to publish or edit.

Didn't solve your issues?? Why dont you consider hire me? Email me or contact me www.xevedigital.com for details

• baijianpeng
More
10 years 9 months ago #122565 by baijianpeng
But the regret is: even the Admin (super user) can not see those unpulished articles from frontend on the "category llist" layout.

Don't understand how did K2 team design this strategy.

www.joomlagate.com