Keyword

Moving content from intro text to full text

• Chris Hutcheson
  • Chris Hutcheson's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 9 months ago #122877 by Chris Hutcheson
Moving content from intro text to full text was created by Chris Hutcheson
I've just migrated a client's content from Joomla 1.5 to 3.2 and then to K2. In the process all of the item content ended up in the intro text (rather than main content) which, with the template I've purchased, is creating problems as the content shows in the teaser, but not when I select a particular article to view in full. Then the content's blank.

Over the longer term we can resolve this with cutting and pasting content to better organize it, but with close to 1000 articles in play, it's not an immediate solution. We do want to retain the structure of the article template as it stands, though.

I'm wondering if there is any easy way to migrate the content from intro text to full text - either a move or copy would be fine.

Thanks!

Cheers
Chris Hutcheson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• olsen
  • Elite Member
  • Joomla and K2 Freelancer
More
10 years 9 months ago #122878 by olsen
first check if you have the option to display fulltext in the item view enabled. If this doesnt work, you need to check if the code to render the fulltext is present within your template. Give a try with the default template and check if it is displayed now.

Didn't solve your issues?? Why dont you consider hire me? Email me or contact me www.xevedigital.com for details

• Chris Hutcheson
  • Chris Hutcheson's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 9 months ago #122879 by Chris Hutcheson
Replied by Chris Hutcheson on topic Re: Moving content from intro text to full text
Thanks for your suggestion. Would that make a difference? There is no content in the full text section of the article/document. Only in the intro text - it all was imported there. At any rate it's set to show in the category options, and the articles default to those options.

This is really a short term fix until the client reorganizes their content. At this point all I really want to do is import the teaser content into the full text area. I was able to automate this via Filemaker pro, convert to a CVS file, but now, using phpmyadmin, seem to be only able to get the first line (that is the first article) of the CSV file imported. I'm on the edge of the desired solution here, and if I can get it to read all the lines, that will be the end of it.