Keyword

change settings to point to custom 404 page

• robert lodi
  • robert lodi's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 9 months ago #123031 by robert lodi
change settings to point to custom 404 page was created by robert lodi
Hi there - my site is using a K2 item as a 404/page not found page. due to some dns settings at my clients office - i need to change how that page is linked to from within joomla. I cannot find this anywhere.

the page is linked at companyname.com/pagenotfound, and i need to make it link at www.companyname.com/pagenotfound

i cannot find anywhere in settings or htaccess or k2 or joomla where it is set to use this k2 item as the 404 page so I can add the wwws.

all help welcome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 9 months ago #123032 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: change settings to point to custom 404 page
This is not a setting from K2. Which extension did you use to point the 404 page to that item? The setting is probably located there.

Also you can force non-www to www rewriting for your site

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• robert lodi
  • robert lodi's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 8 months ago #123033 by robert lodi
Replied by robert lodi on topic Re: change settings to point to custom 404 page
Hi Krikor-

if I knew the plugin i'd be all set! I'll take another look and see what plugins are in here. I didn't set up the site - i've just taken over managing it. I was hoping it was in k2. Thanks for the help.

Sadly we can't force www - it has something to do with how the clients network was configured years ago so if they are behind the firewall, they must use the www's. for the rest of the world its no issue - just behind their firewall it is a problem.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 8 months ago #123034 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: change settings to point to custom 404 page
Typically SEO extensions do that, sh404sef is one of them. Try looking at your components menu for any extension that matches the description.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)