Keyword

K2 tools module - custom code

• Christian
  • Christian's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 8 months ago #123314 by Christian
K2 tools module - custom code was created by Christian
Hi, I'm not sure I really understood the use of K2 tools custom code function.

I would like to publish a specific custom content on a single category only (which is not directly connected to a joomla menu item) so I thought I could have used this feature of K2 tools module but if I use custom code feature all the filtes seems to be skipped so: what's the difference between this module using custom code feature and the Joomla's default custom code one?

Thanks in advance for all the help you will provide me.

Christia n

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #123315 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic Re: K2 tools module - custom code
The difference lies to the fact that the in K2 Tools Custom Code you can have php code or javascript code. Things that you cannot add to the Joomla's Custom HTML module.
According to the content you want to add choose which one suits your needs best.

• Christian
More
10 years 8 months ago #123316 by Christian
Replied by Christian on topic Re: K2 tools module - custom code
Thank you very much for the reply but what I'd like to achieve is far more simple....but I actually can't understand how to do.

What I'd like to do is simply to have an html text with some links in a module to be shown in a specific category. I thought that using the custom code I could have filtered it anyway in a specific category using the above filters but actually I can't.
Furthermore if I use a default custom HTML module I can publish it on a specific menu item (related to a category) but I browse into an article of that category the module disappear, that's why I thought at the K" tools module.

Could you please help me with this?

Thank you very very much in advance

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #123317 by Yiota
When you choose to use the K2 Tools module to work as a custom html module you have it working in the same way as the default custom html module. You just apply the code you need and assign it to specific menu items.

Why don't you use the category's description if you need to show per category additional information?

The reason our module disappears in some pages it is because you don't have any menu items for those pages.

• Christian
More
10 years 8 months ago #123318 by Christian
Replied by Christian on topic Re: K2 tools module - custom code
Thank you again Yiota,

the reason why I don't want to use the category description only is that it is not so visible.

To be more clear about my needs I have a section of my site which is a sort of web magazine so there are several categories where people can write to a specific email and some pros reply them through the site on that category.

Initially I wrote the info about this service in the category description, together with the related email address but I noted that lots of people never noted it so I would like to keep custom module with few lines of text and an email address aside to each category, in order for people to have clearly stated that they can ask a question and get a reply from an expert.

Actually I can't do it the way it is because Joomla is strictly bonded to the menu items I have so, as soon as a user browse inside an article the custom module go away.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #123319 by Yiota
The menu items are substantial for the modules to appear. If you don't have a menu item for the item and only for the category the module should not go away, normally, in the item pages. Maybe this is a restriction from your template.