Keyword

[SOLVED] Fatal error "K2helperpermissions"

• Cache Advertising
  • Cache Advertising's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 8 months ago #123322 by Cache Advertising
[SOLVED] Fatal error "K2helperpermissions" was created by Cache Advertising
I started getting a generic service unavailable error and would have to refresh everytime I tried to navigate, but my site was still working. Now it doesnt work at all and I found its because my site is inundating my server with PHP requests. I found its because of K2 as per the error log below. How can I fix this?

[16-Jan-2014 03:58:47 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Class 'K2HelperPermissions' not found in /home/shawngo/public_html/components/com_k2/k2.php on line 33
[16-Jan-2014 03:58:47 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Class 'K2HelperPermissions' not found in /home/shawngo/public_html/components/com_k2/k2.php on line 33
[16-Jan-2014 03:58:48 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Class 'K2HelperPermissions' not found in /home/shawngo/public_html/components/com_k2/k2.php on line 33
[16-Jan-2014 03:58:48 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Class 'K2HelperPermissions' not found in /home/shawngo/public_html/components/com_k2/k2.php on line 33
[16-Jan-2014 03:58:49 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Class 'K2HelperPermissions' not found in /home/shawngo/public_html/components/com_k2/k2.php on line 33
etc. etc. etc..

Any help would be immensly appreciated,
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #123323 by Arek
Replied by Arek on topic Re: Fatal error "K2helperpermissions"
I've similar problem with:
Fatal error: Class 'K2HelperPermissions' not found in /home/joomla/administrator/components/com_k2/k2.php on line 39
when I try to administrator/index.php?option=com_k2.
K2 was installed after Joomla STS upgrade from Joomla 2.5.17 to Joomla 3.2.1.
PHP 5.3.8

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #123324 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic Re: Fatal error "K2helperpermissions"
Hello,

What Joomla! and K2 version do you have?

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #123325 by Yiota
Both please upgrade your K2 version to DEV 2.6.8 from getk2.org/assets/get/ which is compatible with Joomla! 3.2

More
10 years 8 months ago #123326 by Arek
Replied by Arek on topic Re: Fatal error "K2helperpermissions"
I've Joomla 3.2.1 and K2 2.6.7 and I' don't know why but it works now. Probably there is an problem with cache / PHP / hosting / fastcgi. There is an russian solution on google that suggest to deactivate the smart search plugin and reinstal k2.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #123327 by Yiota
Hello,

Glad you have sorted it out. Let us know if anything else comes up.

• Cache Advertising
  • Cache Advertising's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 8 months ago #123328 by Cache Advertising
Replied by Cache Advertising on topic [SOLVED] Re: Fatal error "K2helperpermissions"
The update fixed the issue. I should have thought to try that very first. Thanks for the help..

More
10 years 3 months ago #123329 by signumsol
Replied by signumsol on topic Re: [SOLVED] Fatal error "K2helperpermissions"
Hi I am trying to install and use K2 with Joomla 3.3.0.

I downloaded the latest stable release v2.6.8 and installed the same, the component menu K2 is shown as com_k2. if I click on that I get this error.
Fatal error: Class 'K2HelperPermissions' not found in /home/.../administrator/components/com_k2/k2.php on line 39

I checked that K2 Smart search is disabled by default.

I also tried installed the dev build but that too does not help. It shows the same error.

Can you please guide me as to how I can install K2 correctly on Joomla 3.3.0?

More
10 years 3 months ago #123330 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: [SOLVED] Fatal error "K2helperpermissions"
@Sundar Nadimpalli

Hi. It looks like K2 cannot be installed properly for some reason in your site. Does the file /components/com_k2/helpers/permissions.php exists on your server? Can you install other extensions?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
10 years 1 month ago #123331 by Long Nguyen Bao
Replied by Long Nguyen Bao on topic Re: [SOLVED] Fatal error "K2helperpermissions"
Hi.
I have same problem with k2 component. My site using with version 3.3.3 Joomla and i installed latest version of K2 component. Please tell me why or give me solution to fix it.
Thanks you for read.