Keyword

Image extra field not empty once value is deleted

More
10 years 8 months ago #123650 by Tim
I'm using K2 Filter (joomcar.net) to allow users to filter the results. Although, I also need the listings ordered by a date extra field, which only happens once the filter is activated.

The first URL is the straight listings, ordered by default ordering.

The second URL is the listings once the filter has been applied, effectively ordering them by the date extra field.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #123651 by Yiota
Have you tried to Disable the filter and check the listing with the extra fields alone?
How can you get this view without the filtering enabled, only pure K2 view?

More
10 years 7 months ago #123652 by Tim
Good spot - I should have tried that already. When I disable the filter, the images display correctly. There's now a third dropdown on the site linking to the listings without the filter module on the page.

So I'm guessing this is a bug with the filter then?

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 7 months ago #123653 by Yiota
If you are using the filters to view the page the image comes from the extra fields right?
How is it that you see an image when the filters are not used since the actual extra field is empty? Do you have a condition that checks whether or not to use the image extra field depending on the view?

More
10 years 7 months ago #123654 by Tim
Currently the code displays the main image, or the alternative image instead if the alternative image field has a value:

More
10 years 7 months ago #123655 by Lefteris
@Tim

Just tested with K2 2.6.8 DEV build and Joomla! 2.5.18 and i had no issues. No template overrides at all. This means that probably you need to check again your code. If you are not sure how to manipulate extra fields you are recommended to use the default code in the templates for rendering. Also ensure that you do have deleted the value completed and you have not left any spaces to the field.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
10 years 7 months ago #123656 by Tim
Thanks for following up. I think though it's an issue with the filter as the field works fine until the filter is applied. I've left a message with the developers...