Keyword

Resource Usage

• Jordan Huether
  • Jordan Huether's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 8 months ago #123670 by Jordan Huether
Resource Usage was created by Jordan Huether
Since installing K2 to my Joomla 2.5.11 site a few months ago, my site's CPU usage has skyrocketed and I'm starting to get warnings from my host, Inmotion Hosting. I have gone through the preferences and made sure every option that queries the DB an extra time is disabled as recommended by the hover tips. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the image processing. Is there a way to completely disable K2s image processing and just resize using CSS? I realize this isn't ideal, but I'm running out of options. Any help is much appreciated!

www.sheridancountyjournalstar.net/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #123671 by Fabio
Replied by Fabio on topic Re: Resource Usage
As far as I know the only image processing K2 does is when you upload a "cover picture" for an item and it is resized in the various size (Generic, Large, etc...). But this is a little work and it's done just once, so I don't think moving to css resize will be of any help, if possible it could make things worse, because the server has to send bigger pictures. If you check the links of your pictures, they all take you to the cache folder of K2 where resized pictures are stored statically without additional dynamic job (yes, calling it "cache" is not a great idea... anyway...).
Maybe with the help of the hosting provider you can identify the php files that are using a lot of cpu and have a better knowledge about the problem. I see your website is quite fast, so maybe it's not a front-end issue.
Just a user's opinion :P

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #123672 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic Re: Resource Usage
Hello,

I think that @Fabio is right. You should advise your hosting provider and try to locate the problem. Furthermore you can open the debugger and also check the pages that seem to have issues.