Keyword

item/category changes don't happen **Solved**

• Toby Brown
  • Toby Brown's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #123686 by Toby Brown
I am using 2.6.7 and Joomla 3.2. My problem is changes at the 'item view' or 'item view in categories' don't seem to change anything. Only when I make the change at the overall parameter options can I get something I am looking for to happen. For example, getting rid of the "tags" or "category" displayed under the the articles. Im sure there are other things I haven't tried yet...but it just doesn't seem to respond to overriding "global" settings on "individual items". What am I missing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #123687 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic Re: item/category changes don't happen
Please upgrade to the K2 SVN version 2.6.8 which is compatible with Joomla! 3.2.
Download it from here: getk2.org/assets/get/

• Toby Brown
  • Toby Brown's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 8 months ago #123688 by Toby Brown
Replied by Toby Brown on topic Re: item/category changes don't happen
Thank you, I went ahead and did that. I did figure out what my problem was, after importing things in from Joomla, I went to my menu item "blog" (which was a joomla article-->category blog and changed it to a k2-->user_page blog. Instead it needed to be a k2-->category. It gave me the effect of two different views of the same page, one linked from my main menu and one that was the K2 category.

Just going to take a bit to make my brain work as "K2" instead of "Joomla" and think the right terminology. :) Thanks for the help!

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #123689 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic Re: item/category changes don't happen
You are welcome and glad you have sorted it out.