Keyword

Remove Category ID, unanswered till the dawn of ti

• D0gSoldi3r
  • D0gSoldi3r's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #123813 by D0gSoldi3r
I may be new to K2 but i know when the staff & users are avoiding a question when i see one, i've been looking all over Google today & yesterday for questions involving a similar problem i'm facing and i found loads of threads and amazingly on every single thread the users and staff of K2 avoid the question every single time...

All people want to know is how to remove the id from the category url :huh:
http://www.Example-website/Example-Category/6-Example-annoyance/nobody-can-answer-this.html

I'm aware this is a free component and your time isn't meaningless but alot of people would really love some clarification on this issue

getk2.org/community/New-to-K2-Ask-here-first/129920-How-to-remove-category-and-article-ID-from-SEF-URL

getk2.org/community/New-to-K2-Ask-here-first/180455-remove-item-and-itemid-in-URL-for-joomla-website

getk2.org/community/New-to-K2-Ask-here-first/184385-URL-Rewriting---Remove-Category-ID

there were alot more threads asking this question i seen late last night, they're just the ones i manage to pluck while typing this, hope this thread doesn't come across as ungrateful, but i can't move my server from wamp to online till i fix this so basically i'm stuck in Limbo and hell aint nice this time of year

This is a blog that tells you how to get it out of a url, fairly simple but never, ever the category :pinch:
www.pixelfire.com.au/website-and-graphic-design-blog/item/122-how-to-remove-item-and-item-id-from-a-k2-url

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #123814 by Eugene Wilson
Replied by Eugene Wilson on topic Re: Remove Category ID, unanswered till the dawn of ti
K2 is very over rated and I have lost a lot of time and money trying to make it work. If I was you run away for K2 since there is no real help. Free or not it should work or be taken of Joomla extensions.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #123815 by Yiota
Hello @D0gSoldi3r,

You can disable the category id by disabling the option "Use the category ID in the URL" from the Advanced tab under Advanced SEF settings in the K2 parameters.

• D0gSoldi3r
  • D0gSoldi3r's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #123816 by D0gSoldi3r
Yeah i'd already tried that several times before making this thread, i had to install sh404sef, which is a little annoying since i'm only using k2 with 3 thousand articles and it sorta sucks cause all i need is the id gone, you mention it, i've tried it :( i imagine the threads i posted above me have a similar bone to chew :(

To the replies (if there is any) remember this is for "category id's", removing article id's are a different kettle of fish entirely...

K2 is an awesome component i wish they knew we appreciate performance more and not eye candy, eye candy's always nice but lets be honest that's for tourists not admins, mechanics don't get boners for leather seating they wanna see the engine...

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #123817 by Yiota
All of your categories need to have a menu item for this option to work. Check out a url to a category that has a menu item and one that doesn't.
The first one won't have the category id, while the second one would.