Keyword

Unable to turn of Author and other unwanted items

• Eugene Wilson
  • Eugene Wilson's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 8 months ago #123818 by Eugene Wilson
You do not inherit the site settings nor can you disable certain features like voting, showing author related articles ect. After spending 40 some hours on a site due tomorrow I have pull K2 and redo all the work on our site. This is not very fun nor would I recommend to anyone to use K2. Plus it is a security risk to secure documents. Avoid this extension since the support is horrible as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #123819 by JoomlaWorks
Of course you can toggle all these features. It's just common sense. And how is support terrible for a product you paid $0 for?

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Eugene Wilson
  • Eugene Wilson's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 8 months ago #123820 by Eugene Wilson
Replied by Eugene Wilson on topic Re: Unable to turn of Author and other unwanted items
I would love for you to see that the toggling works.In all the sites in which we installed K2 those features could be turned off in the admin panel BUT they still showed. So we had another person look at it and said he too had issues with the K2 plugin. Also commented the support was not what was expected for K2. All in all, we had to pull K2 from our sites because several issue that caused multiple problem. Because the toggle switch is there does not mean it can be turned off. Soon as I pulled K2 those fields were back off.

Tip for your forums, make it where a person gets a notification when there is a reply to a post. Some people do not have time to keep checking back.