Keyword

Category view in frontpage

• Stefanos Anastasiadis
  • Stefanos Anastasiadis's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 8 months ago #123878 by Stefanos Anastasiadis
Category view in frontpage was created by Stefanos Anastasiadis
Hello and congrats for this amazing module.

I'm working on project for an online magazine and I came accros a problem lately.

I have a categore view on the first page (www.anastasiadis.pro/vakxikon) at the bottom left that shows 6 articles in two columns.It looks and works really good but when someone cliks on an article to read it the page that appears has all the modules linked to Home menu item.In an another case this would be ok but at this project it is kind of annoying.Is there anyway to overcome this and show only certain modules?

I know that this is not completely related to the k2 module but I hope someone can help me with this.

Thank you very much in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #123879 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic Re: Category view in frontpage
That happens because you have your category assigned as your homepage.

Try to create another menu item and assign it to this category. Then change your homepage menu item to fetch items from multiple categories. That way your homepage would be different than the category's page itself and you can assign different modules to show.

• Stefanos Anastasiadis
More
10 years 8 months ago #123880 by Stefanos Anastasiadis
Replied by Stefanos Anastasiadis on topic Re: Category view in frontpage
Thank you very much for your reply.

Could you please be a little more specific?Let's call the category with the 6 articles "showcase" to became more understatable.I want the "showcase" articles to show on frontpage but when someone clicks on anyone of them I want to be redirected to a page that has only certain modules assigned to it

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #123881 by Yiota
OK. So your homepage menu item is linked to show the Showcase items. This means that every module you have assigned to your homepage is also assigned to the category showcase and therefore to the item page.
You need to separate the two menu items even if they bring the same results from the showcase category.

Try to create another menu item in a hidden menu and link it to the same category. Then assign to that menu item the other modules you need to show and check if it works that way.

If it doesn't, keep the hidden menu item, but also edit the homepage menu item and assign multiple categories (you can even create an empty category and choose the showcase and the empty one just to enable the options from the menu and differentiate the home page menu item somehow).

• Stefanos Anastasiadis
More
10 years 8 months ago #123882 by Stefanos Anastasiadis
Thanks for your help.
Unforunately neither worked. :(

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #123883 by Yiota
The next option is something that can be addressed through code in your index.php of your template in order to make this kind of separation.

Also you can use a K2 content module in the homepage instead of the component and keep the menu item for the category in another menu item.

• Stefanos Anastasiadis
More
10 years 8 months ago #123884 by Stefanos Anastasiadis
Thanks for your help.

Your second solution worked like a charm.The only problem is with the visual part of the module.It looks a lot different but I like it.Hope my client likes it too.

Is there anyway to make the module show the articles in two columns?3 pairs of two?

Anyway thaks a lot for helping me :)

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #123885 by Yiota
You can achieve that with css.

Add something like the following in your css file

#maincolumn .item-page .k2ItemsBlock ul li {float:left; width:50%;}
#maincolumn .item-page .k2ItemsBlock ul li.even:before {display:block; content:""; clear:left;}