Keyword

Assigning a K2 item to multiple user groups

More
10 years 8 months ago #124114 by Kevin
Hi all-

The K2 backend allows assigning a K2 item to a single user group, but was curious if anyone is aware of functionality to assign a single K2 item to multiple user groups.

So if we 3 user groups (Group1, Group2, Group3), we want to be able to assign a K2 item to only Group1 and Group3, but not Group2. Any ideas?

Any thoughts would be extremely appreciated.

Best,
Kevin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #124115 by Yiota
I don't know if I understood correctly but if you are referring to the Access level you choose from the relevant field in each item's settings, it has to do with the Joomla!'s ACL and not K2's.

More
10 years 8 months ago #124116 by Kevin
Thanks for your reply. I see where to change the K2 item's ACL, but that just allows you to assign the ACL to a specific user group, and only one user group. Is there a way to assign a K2 item to multiple user groups?

Best,
Kevin

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #124117 by Yiota
No, I'm afraid not.

More
10 years 8 months ago #124118 by Kevin
Thanks for letting me know. We're going to develop this functionality as a plugin and then offer it to others (for free, of course). I've been searching around the web, and have seen several people ask for this. I think this will make K2 even stronger than it is now. :-)

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 7 months ago #124119 by Yiota
I'm glad you want to not just develop it but share it as well in the K2 community.

Thank you.