Keyword

Serious image problem!!!

• Nikolaos Raptis
  • Nikolaos Raptis's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 8 months ago #124134 by Nikolaos Raptis
Serious image problem!!! was created by Nikolaos Raptis
Hi, I just imported 10.000 articles from joomla article component to K2 via import Joomla! content button of K2. everything fine so far. The problem is when I use the modules of k2. For example when I use the K2 content there is no image to show. The module show image only if it's linked via the image tab and since I have imported the content from joomla articles the image is inside the text/content!!! Is there a way to tell K2 or modules to get the image from content if there is no image in the K2 tab image??? As you can understand I cannot manually add 10.000 images in each article!!!

thanks in advance
Nikolaos Raptis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #124135 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic Re: Serious image problem!!!
Don't use the introtext limit from the options of the module, since all your images are in the text. That way they can show.

You can also check this plugin getk2.org/extend/extensions/616-iaki-import-as-k2-image

• Nikolaos Raptis
More
10 years 8 months ago #124136 by Nikolaos Raptis
Replied by Nikolaos Raptis on topic Re: Serious image problem!!!
Hi Yiota,

I need a plugin that gets the image from text ( intro/fulltext ) and place it in the K2 image. The IAKI plugin doesn't work !

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #124137 by Yiota
I believe that you mean that the IAKI plugin is not something you want to use, right?
Not that you have tried it and it doesn't work, right?

At the moment there is not a plugin that I know of that will actually get the image from the text and put it as an actual K2 Image.
The closest thing you got is the plugin I have already proposed. You can give it a try through.

If you don't want to use IAKI, you can either choose to not have the introtext limit either in the category listings or the k2 modules, at least for all of your old items.

• Nikolaos Raptis
More
10 years 8 months ago #124138 by Nikolaos Raptis
I tried the plugin and I cannot understand what suppose to do!
If i don't use the introtext limit then if an article has 5 images then 5 images will be shown in the article. That is not what I want.
I'm using some modules to show up content from K2 in a nice way in the frontpage. Those modules are using the K2 image where ever there is one. Because I have just tranfered 10.000 articles from joomla core articles component all of those has the image inside the fulletext. Each article has at least one image. In order for the module to work I need "a way" to either pass the images from fulltext to K2 image or to trick the module to get the image from fulltext if the K2 image in NULL. The second way is not very nice because it's a hack and it's not going to work in any update....
thanks in advance

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #124139 by Yiota
"IAKI will fetch the first image from the article body (usually your main image) and assign it to the image positions used by K2 in all the K2 views (templates). That means you can now control these images as if they were K2 images."

You can select from the plugin up to which item's ID you want this to apply in order for your new added K2 items to keep their item image inserted from the K2 Image tab option.

First check how it works in an item or category listing page.
For the K2 modules you might need to enable the K2 plugins for this to work.

• Nikolaos Raptis
More
10 years 8 months ago #124140 by Nikolaos Raptis
OK! I think I got it to work ! once enabled and in viewing the article the image from full text goes on top of article with a popup feature. This is K2 image.
But in the frontpage I use the K2 content module to show up this article with a leading image. If the article has a K2 image attacked it shows up nicelly, if not there no image to show. No matter if I have show intro or not. Obviously it doesn't work all the way !!
thanks

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #124141 by Yiota
Make sure that you have enabled the K2 plugins in the module settings.

• Nikolaos Raptis
More
10 years 8 months ago #124142 by Nikolaos Raptis
The plugins are enabled since it's working in the component/article view! I think that the problem in my case is that the K2 content module has an override in the templates/html folder and thus the "view" of the module is messed up. I will try it in a fresh installation of Joomla! 3.
Yiota, Thank you for your patience and help.
Nikolaos Raptis

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #124143 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Serious image problem!!!
You are welcome. Let me know if you need any further assistance.

PS. All K2 modules have an option in their settings to enable or not K2 plugins.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)