K2 Front-end save and close

• Robert Peterson
  • Robert Peterson's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 8 months ago #124296 by Robert Peterson
K2 Front-end save and close was created by Robert Peterson
Hi, everyone!

I'm using Joomla 3.2.1 and K2 2.6.7. Here's my problem:

I'm using K2's front-end submission form to allow my users to add new articles from the front-end that will then be moderated by admins on the back-end.

But when users click "save" on the front-end form, it saves the item, but it doesn't "close" it. That means when my admins log into the back-end, they have to perform a global check-in to free up all the new content.

This isn't a huge deal, but is there any way to add a "save and close" button to the K2 item submission form?

Thanks!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #124297 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic Re: K2 Front-end save and close
You can try adding a "Save and Close" button in the itemform.php file.

First create a K2 template override (read here getk2.org/documentation/tutorials/174-templating-with-k2-and-the-concepts-of-sub-templates how you can do that) and modify the above mentioned file.

You can read this topic here: getk2.org/community/New-to-K2-Ask-here-first/179287-Close-Item-Form-on-Save

and add the modifications mentioned.

• Robert Peterson
More
10 years 8 months ago #124298 by Robert Peterson
Replied by Robert Peterson on topic Re: K2 Front-end save and close
Yiota, thanks for the response!

I'll admit, though -- I'm frustrated because the solution you linked doesn't work, and moreover, it actually says in the thread you linked that it doesn't work.

For perspective, I had already found the thread you linked and tried that solution for myself before I posted here. And you linked right back to the same thread with a solution that doesn't work.

For what it's worth, I **love** K2! It's an amazing extension, but the support on these boards (in my experience) has been pretty spotty. Most of the solutions proposed by you and Krikor simply don't work.

I'm also surprised that the front-end interface for adding items in K2 doesn't come bundled with a "save and close" feature. Including such a feature would make it much, much easier to establish a workflow for my users.

Yiota -- no kidding, **thank you** again for your time and your trouble. That said, the solution you provided doesn't work. Any alternate solutions would be much appreciated, and if that's not possible, then I'll put in a request for the funtion in a future release.

Thanks again.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #124299 by Yiota
Hello Robert and I'm sorry the solution Ι provided doesn't work. I should have been more careful about that. Unfortunately I don't have anything to offer you for this. I have already noted this request for a future release.

• Robert Peterson
More
10 years 8 months ago #124300 by Robert Peterson
Replied by Robert Peterson on topic Re: K2 Front-end save and close

Yiota Ziaggou wrote: Hello Robert and I'm sorry the solution Ι provided doesn't work. I should have been more careful about that. Unfortunately I don't have anything to offer you for this. I have already noted this request for a future release.

Thank you!!! :)

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #124301 by Yiota
You are welcome.