Keyword

cannot click on k2 items twice.

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
10 years 7 months ago #124421 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic Re: cannot click on k2 items twice.
You should upgrade your joomla to the latest version too, now it's 2.5.18. Also make a backup and make sure all the other components, modules, templates or plugins are compatible with the new version.

I'm afraid i can't advise you on which plugin to turn off, you have to try it yourself.

Since you were using K2 v2.5 earlier, the module that you could have used is the K2 Login Module, now that module is no longer shipped in newer K2 version. Please replace it with K2 User Module.

Note: It's User Module and not Users Module

K2 Rocks \m/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kevin
  • Kevin's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 7 months ago #124422 by Kevin
Replied by Kevin on topic Re: cannot click on k2 items twice.
I tried many many things.

1. I disabled all the plug in,but the issue is still there.

2. I upgrade the Joomla to 2.5.18, the issue is still there(I roll it back later since it doesn't look good in mobile device)

3. I used the fix mentioned in the above link, basically add 'K2' in front of BeforeDisplay and AfterDisplay, the issue is there. The version of k2 they have is 2.5.7, mine right now is 2.6.7, so I am not sure if we encounter the same issue even on the surface they looked same.

At this point, I believe this is a K2 issue. I want to know if I can talk to a K2 developer to go further research. It's holding my site right now and I need support!!!!!!!!

• Kevin
  • Kevin's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 7 months ago #124423 by Kevin
Replied by Kevin on topic Re: cannot click on k2 items twice.
After extensive research, I found out the only way to solve this issue to remove the following four lines from category_item.php:

<!-- Plugins: BeforeDisplay -->

<?php echo isset($this->item->event->BeforeDisplay); ?>

<!-- Plugins: AfterDisplay -->

<?php echo isset($this->item->event->AfterDisplay); ?>

I am not sure why isset here in the first place, it return true or false(1,0) for the parameter passed in. Can you please help me understand a little bit why isset called here, what's purpose to call it before diplay and after display, so I know if I can safely remove them.

More
10 years 7 months ago #124424 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: cannot click on k2 items twice.
@Kevin

The lines you disabled have to do with content plugins. So it's clearly one of your content plugins that is causing this. I suggest to keep the code there and just try to disable some of the content plugins until you find the one that is causing this. Now regarding your other issues, since you updated from a very old version of K2 you need to update your template overrides ( if any ). Do this with caution to avoid possible code loss. Regarding performance you need to enable Joomla! caching. This will boost your site performance.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)