• D0gSoldi3r
  • D0gSoldi3r's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #124431 by D0gSoldi3r
content type HEADER change was created by D0gSoldi3r
is it possible to change the content type headers in k2 example ↓

<meta property="og:type" content="article" />
<meta property="og:type" content="video">

the one in bold above seems to be the default in k2 is it possible to change it as my K2 is a mix of video, mp3 and articles, i dropped all other components in favor for k2 as i was sick to death of joomla updating every 2 weeks and my components dropping support, now i just have k2 and i'm happy with it :) but this content="article" across my whole 2+ thousand page site has me a little worried :/

if it isn't possible could i just tell the rereplacer plugin to change it for me, would that work :/ :huh:

also congrats on making a really awesome component :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #124432 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic Re: content type HEADER change
I'm afraid that you will have to modify core files in order to do this which is not recommended.

The meta data are constructed in the K2 system plugin if you want to take a look, though, in about line 847, file k2.php (plugins/system/k2).

• D0gSoldi3r
  • D0gSoldi3r's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 8 months ago #124433 by D0gSoldi3r
Replied by D0gSoldi3r on topic Re: content type HEADER change
wouldn't rereplacer be able to replace

<meta property="og:type" content="article" />

to

<meta property="og:type" content="video"> for certain sections of my k2 site,

I'm not going to install HWDmediashare just so i can appropriately change my header types, would doing this work or would it just be a waste of time...

the thing is i can easily change it with re-replacer but i have no idea what the knock off effects would be, the article styling of say IGN.com etc; change their header types of their articles regularly, now if this wasn't such a big deal then surly they wouldn't bother which leads me to believe that i need to fix this...

i'm aware you aren't nonumber but you are K2

More
10 years 8 months ago #124434 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Re: content type HEADER change
You could try resetting the meta tags from the template (unless they get appended). In any case, the solution is to either hack core K2 files (not recommended) or have a custom system plugin that overwrites the meta tags of K2 and Joomla's.

The reason we chose "Article" instead of the other types in FB's meta tags is because that's the most common case for 99,999% of sites. I understand what you want to do, but you can achieve this the most elegant way by utilizing a custom system plugin only.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)