from K2 to my twitter

• Fat-Betty
  • Fat-Betty's Avatar Topic Author
  • Get Thin or Get Eaten!
More
10 years 8 months ago #124449 by Fat-Betty
from K2 to my twitter was created by Fat-Betty
Hi
Just tried K2 for my first blog and I really like it.

I am a newbie in the big world of blogging, but want somehow to promote my blog, so I created a twitter account and tried a few times to 'tweet' my posts from K2.

I noticed that almost instantly the view count on the K2 item went up to 20+ like the twitter plugin (I use the inbuilt K2 one) adds instantly 20 views because nothing shows up in Google Analytics except the real visits.

Still this has worked to bring some traffic and attention to my blog.

Now when I have built the site and have some content, I have been exploring more how to use all the tools out there, but can't seem to find the answer to what I want to know.

I want a picture (intro) to show up in my tweets.
Can I do that using the inbuilt one? (I am not using the bookmark bar although it is visible)
Do I have to create some twitter app to give the plugin a code to make this happen or do I need to use some 3rd party extension (which I btw have on the site to use in Joomla articles) to tweet from the K2 content with images?

Sorry, this just seems all a bit confusing.
Looks good for me that the plugin adds 20 instant views to the count, but I want clarification on the image being displayed in the tweet.

Hope someone can clarify
:whistle:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #124450 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic Re: from K2 to my twitter
Currently something like that is not supported for the tweet.

I think that what you need is more like this dev.twitter.com/docs/cards.

I don't know if there is something similar that could run for K2 but you can create a K2 plugin that does this.

A starting point for a K2 plugin is here: getk2.org/extend/extensions/90-example-k2-plugin-for-developers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.