Keyword

Captcha not showing on Registration form?

More
10 years 8 months ago #124551 by Sam
Hey!

Unsure whether this is K2 related or not?

The captcha isn't showing on our user registration form (or even the field to enter one) so users can't currently register.

Any idea what's happening, we are using Joomla v2.5.2 and the update manage tells me Joomla (and all extensions to!)

Thanks!

Sam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #124552 by Yiota
2.5.2 is an old Joomla! version. Please update to a more recent Joomla! version.
What K2 do you use?

More
10 years 8 months ago #124553 by Sam
Hey,

We're using KV Version 2.6,

How can I upgrade front end considering the update manager is telling me I'm up to date?

Thanks!

Sam

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #124554 by Yiota
Well you are obviously not up to date since now we have Joomla! version 2.5.18. Also, which K2 2.6 version? 2.6.0, 2.6.1, ... 2.6.7?

The google recaptcha has updated its API links. This has as a result that the repatcha plugin, Joomla uses needs to be updated as well with those links.

Either find a way to update your joomla version (you could try cleaning your site's cache and see if the update package shows up then, install admin tools extension and update joomla from there) to the latest or find a way to update the recapthca plugin (compare the recapthca.php file of the captcha plugin between your version and the latest joomla version and add the changes).

More
10 years 7 months ago #124555 by Sam
Hey!

Despite the confusing naming convention - 2.5.18 being a later more stable version than 2.5.2, I just updated via URL and it's solved the Captcha issue.

Thank-you for your advice!!

Hero's!!!

Sam

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 7 months ago #124556 by Yiota
You are welcome!
Glad you sorted it out.