Keyword

Extra fields: file link?

• Jurgen Gaeremyn
  • Jurgen Gaeremyn's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 8 months ago #124611 by Jurgen Gaeremyn
Extra fields: file link? was created by Jurgen Gaeremyn
Hi,

I'm looking to implement K2 to enhance a site sharing safety icons. For every icon, I have (apart from the standard fields) 2 files that I would like to share: 1 SVG-file and 1 EMF-file. So in the editor view, I would need an extra field allowing me to link to a file on the servre.
Is this possible?

Thanks,
Jurgen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jurgen Gaeremyn
More
10 years 8 months ago #124612 by Jurgen Gaeremyn
Replied by Jurgen Gaeremyn on topic Re: Extra fields: file link?
Hey,

in addition - I noticed the attachments tab - but this doesn't seem to work correctly

1. the links generated don't link to the files I want it to link to. It says "file not found"
2. I have to manually create 2 attachments for every article.

Have a look at the (old/current) site to see where I want to head at: www.veiligheidspictogrammen.be

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 7 months ago #124613 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic Re: Extra fields: file link?
The restriction for the svg and emf files comes from Media manager itself. You can add them in the Media manager settings in order to be recognised as they are not by default.

The K2 attachments don't allow these types of files. Perhaps you can to add them as zips.

• Jurgen Gaeremyn
More
10 years 7 months ago #124614 by Jurgen Gaeremyn
Replied by Jurgen Gaeremyn on topic Re: Extra fields: file link?
Hi Yiota,

the uploading of the files is indeed not the problem (normally I upload files over FTP, but changes to media manager happened too).

I guess zipping the files may be a workaround. But zipping files of a size between 3 and 12 kB doesn't really make much sense. Also, it takes away the possibility to view .svg files in your browser.

One would think that - with the rise of HTML5, SVG would be coming a normal image format too... no?

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 7 months ago #124615 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic Re: Extra fields: file link?
But still not one that is by default supported from all servers unless the appropriate mime type set up which could be the case why you cannot upload in attachments these files.
Have you tried with any other file to see if your issue is actually the file type and not something else with the upload?

I did some more digging and found out that K2 doesn't have any file restrictions for the attachments so I'm sorry for the misinformation.