Keyword

Advice developing content templates for users

More
10 years 7 months ago #124825 by Roger
Hello,

My apologies for not being very knowledgeable about K2 / Joomla. I am trying to help someone out and I am pretty weak on Joomla.

I was looking for a tutorial, demo, plugin (free or commercial) that would help me establish a few 3-4 or so templates for users as they enter content.

I am thinking (perhaps incorrectly) of something where they can create a K2 item, enter their text in the editor. They can add any image(s) and then simply click / select a "template" and save then publish.

I'm not even what search term to use. I came across a few articles but that seemed to be a deeper than I was expecting. If it is an involved process OK but I just didn't want to go heading off in the wrong direction.

Thank You

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 7 months ago #124826 by Yiota
You can't assign a Joomla! template in an item or category not in Joomla articles nor in K2 articles. That it how Joomla! works I'm afraid. You can do that only through a menu item.

K2 uses templates but K2 templates so not quite sure if this will help you with what you want to achieve.

You can view these videos getk2.org/documentation/k2class2012 to understand a bit more about K2.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.