Keyword

Blog Integration as Site News Page

More
10 years 7 months ago #124935 by Lil
Hi. I'm currently using the Joomla core blog functionality for my client's News page and have had multiple problems from the onset, having to implement custom css just to get the page to display properly. I went to upgrade to Joomla 3.2.2 and the blog layout broke completely. Even though the Gavick template I'm using hasn't released a template update, I'm not sure if the blog functionality is a problem with the Gavick template or core Joomla but I'm considering using K2. Being unfamiliar with it, can someone tell me if I can set up a page similar to this link, with layout, pagination, etc.? I want to be sure that I can customize it according to the site brand and that it won't conflict with the template. Thank you!

javelinaco.cloudaccess.net/News-Articles/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 7 months ago #124936 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic Re: Blog Integration as Site News Page
First you need start by using K2 2.6.8 SVN version. It is compatible with the Joomla! 3.2.2 version. You can download it from here: getk2.org/assets/get/

If your template uses K2 overrides make sure that they are based on a latest K2 version so they won't contain any old code which might cause issues with the latest versions.

If it doesn't you can ask Gavick community how easy or not is for this template to support K2. Maybe it already does.

More
10 years 7 months ago #124937 by Lil
Replied by Lil on topic Re: Blog Integration as Site News Page
Thank you so much, Yiota. I appreciate the quick response.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 7 months ago #124938 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic Re: Blog Integration as Site News Page
You are welcome.