Keyword

Removing All Language form a specific language.

• Markuzzz
  • Markuzzz's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #125161 by Markuzzz
how can i remove article tagged for ALL language from one specific ?
i have 3 lang. on a site,but only 2 articles (one for english language,and other for all others)
but the problem,that i have article with "Language: All" in english language,while it have it's on english variant of it.
so now i have english and russian articles on the english part of the site.
PS: why i'm FORCED to enter captcha again ?! despite doin' it at the registration ???
PPS: managed to solve it by using joomfish,but question still stands...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #125162 by Lefteris
Hi. First of all you didn't clarify which Joomla! version are you usign and which multilingual system are you using ( native, JoomFish, Falang etc ). If you are talking about the native multilingual features then you can edit the K2 item and change it's language there.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Markuzzz
More
10 years 7 months ago #125163 by Markuzzz
i used k2 language options,as i wrote above.
it didn't worked so i used joomfish.
Joomla 2.5.

Lefteris Kavadas wrote: Hi. First of all you didn't clarify which Joomla! version are you usign and which multilingual system are you using ( native, JoomFish, Falang etc ). If you are talking about the native multilingual features then you can edit the K2 item and change it's language there.

the whole thread is about this problem. it does NOT work properly.
it SHOW DOUBLE article (russian and english version of the SAME article) which it should NOT (or does it ?) if i have english version of it (in english part of the site).

More
10 years 7 months ago #125164 by Lefteris
Since you are using JoomFIsh you need to ensure that it is properly setup. Have you published the JoomFish language selection module? Have you checked the status report in JoomFish administration area? Is everything fine there? Also a link to your site indicating the problem would be very helpful.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Markuzzz
More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #125165 by Markuzzz
problem not IN joomfish,but IN k2.
mainly because i DIDN'T use jfish at first,i used it AFTER k2 refused to show only english version of the articles.
jfish WORK as intended.
joomfish have nothing to do with the problem,because it DO work as it should.
problem IN k2 language. it SHOW articles with setting "all" in languages in english version of the site DESPITE existing ENGLISH version of the same article.
dunno how more clearly clarify that JFish works,K2 not(language part).
JoomFish works and deliver so i can live with K2 language not working properly.
i don't need/want to debate/discuss this for weeks,all i want is know reason(s) why K2 multi language part don't work properly.
is there any list of conflict that may cause this ?

More
10 years 7 months ago #125166 by Lefteris
Did you check what i suggested? Probably you have not setup your site correctly. Since you are using JoomFish you need to disable Joomla! native multilingual features. There is a system plugin named "System - Language Filter". You need to disable this. If you do then K2 will not apply any kind of language filtering in front-end and it's totally up to JoomFish to filter items. If after that is not working properly then this is a matter of setup of JoomFish. And by the way stop shouting ( writing in capitals ) or you will get banned.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Markuzzz
More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #125167 by Markuzzz
i'll check all this language setup in near future(i will make full update and check on the site anyway)
and this wasn't shouting,it was emphasis.
in my experience support just read between the lines without reading the whole post thoroughly,so to make you read and understand what i'm saying (in case if you didn't) i did emphasis on the words.