Keyword

k2 template override not working

• Josh
  • Josh's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 7 months ago #125209 by Josh
k2 template override not working was created by Josh
Hi everyone
Im sorry to bring this up - I've done it successfully loads of times but this time whenver I copy the files and folder from com_k2/templates to my templates folder mytemplate/html/com_k2/overridername it just doesnt show up in the drop down menu for the category. If I just copy the default one in the components/com_k2 folder then I can see the subtemplate but when I move it to my template it no longer apprears. Ive even tried placing it inside mytemplate/html/com_k2/templates which also didnt help.

I am about the freak out - I must have missed something, any suggestions or advise would be much appreciated!
Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Josh
More
10 years 7 months ago #125210 by Josh
Replied by Josh on topic Re: k2 template override not working
it appears that when I duplicate the com_k2/default in the component and copy that folder to my templatesfolder/html/com_k2 and make a change then the change does reflect however I cant copy and paste a folder in my template/html/com_k2 and edit it unless it is already found in components/com_k2/templates

• Josh
More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #125211 by Josh
it seems to be strange behavior - in the past when i copied components/com_k2/templates/ to mytemplate/html/com_k2 it worked fine but this time It seems i have to have the folder copied inside the components folder otherwise changes i make to the template override dont take. If i create the override in the template only it doesnt work.. Sorry if I am unclear please feel free to ask should you need more info.
Thanks!

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
10 years 7 months ago #125212 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic Re: k2 template override not working
The correct path should be mytemplate/html/com_k2/templates/overridefolder

K2 Rocks \m/

• Josh
More
10 years 7 months ago #125213 by Josh
Hi Kannan! Thanks for the reply! I have tried that but the override is still not being found in k2 eg in catgegory params - it seems that only if i create this folder originally int he components folder, then copy it to the normal override folder in my template, then make changes to the override is the only way it seems to work - any ideas why I would need the folders in components/com_k2/templates/name before the override in mytemplate/html/com_k2/overridename (if i add /templates to my override path it doesnt work)

Many thanks!

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #125214 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic Re: k2 template override not working
Do you have more than one folder in com_k2/templates/ folder ? There should only be the default folder and some php files. Overrides should only be in your templates location.

You can see video here - getk2.org/documentation/k2class2012/865-k2-template-and-overrides

K2 Rocks \m/

More
10 years 7 months ago #125215 by Tracey
Replied by Tracey on topic Re: k2 template override not working

Kannan Naidu wrote: Do you have more than one folder in com_k2/templates/ folder ? There should only be the default folder and some php files. Overrides should only be in your templates location.

You can see video here - getk2.org/documentation/k2class2012/865-k2-template-and-overrides

Just want to say thanks Kannan, I found the video very helpful. :)

Joomla! v3.5.1
Gantry5 - Hydrogen Template
k2 v2.7.0