Keyword

[SOLVED] K2 Categories Not Ordering Properly

• John Morris
  • John Morris's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #125407 by John Morris
Hello guys, new here and I have searched this subject but have not had any luck with it. I have seen many topics about K2 Items not ordering correctly though. But nothing on the categories.
I have the latest version of K2 along with Joomla 3.2.
I have created my K2 categories, but I decided I wanted to change the order they are in, so I dragged them up and down where I needed them, all seemed fine, but on the front end of my site, they still stayed in the same order as before.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated guys, and by the way, K2 rocks! I love it, for a new website creator it is very easy to use and intuitive for setting up everything just the way I want it. Thanks for offering such a wonderful "FREE" product!!!!

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #125408 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: K2 Categories Not Ordering Properly
Hi. In which exactly part of your site are the categories displayed? K2 does not provide a category listing, so maybe you are referring to menu links.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• John Morris
More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #125409 by John Morris
Replied by John Morris on topic Re: K2 Categories Not Ordering Properly
Thank you Leftiris
I am creating K2 Categories, I then create new Menu, and I assign my K2 Categories in that Menu.

The way the K2 Categories are displayed on our site, is not how they are ordered in the back end Admin K2 Panel.

Any help is greatly appreciated, I tried to load up some screen shots here but had not luck, when I did it prompted me to logout.
John

More
10 years 7 months ago #125410 by Lefteris
Do you mean that you create a menu link to K2 Categories? In that case you will see a list of items and not categories. The ordering of the items can be set via the menu link option named "Item ordering". Note that If you select only one category the setting is inherited by the category setting which you can find at the category edit page.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• John Morris
More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #125411 by John Morris
Thank you Lefteris, I am seeing a list of categories on my site, not items, please see this link to my page of categories ARCHIVES
The order they are in now, is not the order the categories are in at the my K2 admin panel. The order they are showing up on the front end, is the order they were originally created. But I dragged the categories to the order I wanted them at the backend, and that change is not reflected on the public end.
I am working with Categories not items, the categories do not have items in them yet.
Thanks a bunch Lefteris!

More
10 years 7 months ago #125412 by Lefteris
You are viewing a single category with it's sub-categories. There is a special setting for subcategories ordering. You will find it in K2 category edit page. So edit the category "ARCHIVES" and set the "Sub-category ordering" to "Ordering".

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• John Morris
More
10 years 7 months ago #125413 by John Morris
There it is!!!!!!!! You guys are awesome, I am so happy now!!!!! Thanks!!!! It works!