Keyword

How to modify template to support K2?

• Martin K
  • Martin K's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #125458 by Martin K
How to modify template to support K2? was created by Martin K
Hello,

I would like to start using K2 as this has got so much positive feedback. Unfortunately, after installing K2 component, my template is broken (sidebars and menu disappeared etc). I'm using a slightly modified template of Hyper: joomlathemes.co/demo3x/hyper

Is it possible to modify my theme, so it would support K2. What changes do i need to do. I already copied com_k2 from components to my template/html folder.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #125459 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: How to modify template to support K2?
Hi. I visited your site but i didn't see any broken sidebars. In general K2 should look nice with most templates. If you want to get a K2 optimized template keep in mind that the bigger Joomla! template clubs include K2 support in their templates.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Martin K
More
10 years 7 months ago #125460 by Martin K
Replied by Martin K on topic Re: How to modify template to support K2?
Hello, thanks for the answer. The link provided is not my site, it's the demo site of the template and was just for reference. I don't want to use any other template as i have modified mine quite a lot and it looks nice.

I just need to know what should i change to make it work with my template (should i add some code to my template index.php etc.).

Lefteris Kavadas wrote: Hi. I visited your site but i didn't see any broken sidebars. In general K2 should look nice with most templates. If you want to get a K2 optimized template keep in mind that the bigger Joomla! template clubs include K2 support in their templates.

More
10 years 7 months ago #125461 by Lefteris
You need to be familiar with CSS and HTML development. If you are not the hire a developer to fix this for you. Also a link to your site would be very helpful.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Martin K
More
10 years 7 months ago #125462 by Martin K
Thanks, i can manage html and css. I just need some basic guide what to do. Unfortunately my site is not up yet, but my template is basically the same as on the link on this thread first post.

Lefteris Kavadas wrote: You need to be familiar with CSS and HTML development. If you are not the hire a developer to fix this for you. Also a link to your site would be very helpful.

More
10 years 7 months ago #125463 by Lefteris
Then you need to learn about Joomla! templates in general and K2 templates. K2 templating is explained at getk2.org/documentation/tutorials/174-templating-with-k2-and-the-concepts-of-sub-templates.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Martin K
More
10 years 7 months ago #125464 by Martin K
I have copied com_k2 folder to my template folder and i get the idea of templating different views. Unfortunately this doesn't help me with my broken template layout.

I have read that many major templating providers support K2. So i just need to know what should i change/add in a basic template to support K2.