Keyword

How to customise search page result from extra fld

• kalixo
  • kalixo's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #125614 by kalixo
Dearl All!
I used the extra field "searchable Labels" and defined the query words.
Everything works fine, but I can't customise the result page. I modyfied files in "my_template\html\com search\search\default,php and removed page title, but it still appears on the result page. How to remove the title from the content of the page?

When I use "normal" search, the result page does not contain the page title.. What I am doing worng? Pls help.

And my other problem is that I don't know how to define defautl search parameters. Default setting is to search each word, and I want to set it as exactly match (the third option in search settings).

Thanks in advance and have nice day!
Best regards from Poland.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #125615 by Lefteris
Hi. I don't get in which search you have the issue. Searchable labels link to Joomla! default search so your override should work. Note that this affects only the results page. When you click to view the item then the title can be controlled by K2 settings.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• kalixo
  • kalixo's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 3 months ago #125616 by kalixo
Thanks for the help.
I'm not sure if I described my problem correctly.
I use extra fields as a searchable labels, when I clik on the filed on the frontend I got search page resulsts as shown below:
darmolandia.pl/kupony-rabatowe-kupony-znizkowe/szukaj.html?searchword=kosmetyki (the extra field is: kosmetyki)
when I try to search for a word "kosmetyki" I got differnet page with results (it has different layout):
darmolandia.pl/component/search/?searchword=kosmetyki&searchphrase=all&Itemid=9999

is it possible to got same result page for the searchable labels as it is for search?

PS. Is it also possible to put the <searchword> into tha page title?

Thanks for the help in advance!
Best!

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 3 months ago #125617 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: How to customise search page result from extra fld
&Itemid=9999 this means that the search results render through a menu item.
Hence the different layout.

To ensure the same layout is forced you need to make a menu item to point to the search form.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)