Keyword

[SOLVED] Possible to deny user to access the image gallery?

More
10 years 7 months ago #125621 by Peter
Hi there,

I want users to only be able to upload images, and possibly to access a certain image folder, but not to access all image folders.
Is it possible to define such limitations?

Best regards
Peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #125622 by Lefteris
Hi. You need to be more specific. Are you talking about front-end or backend ? Are you talking about the item edit form? Or the item display page?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #125623 by Peter
Hi, thanks;

I mean users that add or edit articles in the front end.

Ideally, I would like to give users access only to defined folder (or folders) in the Joomla media filing system, to pick images and to give them the possibility to upload images into this folder only.

Best regards
Peter

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 7 months ago #125624 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Possible to deny user to access the image gallery?
Hello Peter,

This option already exists. I am pasting an excerpt from SigPro's documentation.

Can frontend (registered) users upload image galleries? Frontend registered users are allowed to upload image galleries to their articles (or any other Joomla! extension) by using the same process as backend users. When using the editor plugin button, frontend users can upload galleries to an automatically created user gallery folder. This prevents e.g. user "John" from seeing & modifying the galleries upload by user "Jane". Furthermore, they are not allowed to view or modify the image galleries that are uploaded from backend users typically inside the /images folder of a Joomla! site. In other words, frontend gallery uploading for registered users is a sandboxed process. They can upload and manage their own galleries only. They cannot manage the galleries created by others. Please note that this "frontend user gallery uploading" feature is different from K2 frontend image gallery uploading (which is already sandboxed as a process too). This feature ONLY applies when using the editor plugin button inside a WYSIWYG editor area to upload a gallery in the frontend.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
10 years 7 months ago #125625 by Peter
Hi Krikor,

thank you very mich; this animated me to purchase the SIGPro and I have installed it now.
This function is great, but there is still the default Joomla image button; do you know where to disable that one?

Best regards
Peter

More
10 years 7 months ago #125626 by Lefteris
@Peter

Which button do you mean? If you are talking about a button below the editor then these are editor plugins and can be disabled at the plugin manager.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
10 years 7 months ago #125627 by Peter
Thanks!!! :-)
Yes that is what I needed.

Best regards
Peter

More
10 years 7 months ago #125628 by Lefteris
You are welcome.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---