Keyword

K2 ACL - Only allow editing to a specific category

• Solomon Hodge
  • Solomon Hodge's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #125681 by Solomon Hodge
Hi all,

Seems to me like a silly question, but I'm trying to solve a fairly basic ACL question: I want to have two user groups set up in K2: One for News, one for Blog (there's a bunch of other categories also).

I want one user group to only be able to see, edit, and publish in news, and the other user group in blog. I also want it so that when the users are logged in, they can't see or edit posts/categories outside News or Blog.

The ACL controls I've tried to adjust seems to give editing and visibility to everyone, which I don't want on this specific site.

What's the best way to achieve this?

I'm on K2 2.6.8 and J 3.2.2.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #125682 by Lefteris
Hi. Visibility in Joomla! is controlled by access levels. So you need to assign the categories to the desired access levels. Regarding K2 user group permissions they are applied only in front-end editing. Edit the desired K2 user groups and modify the permissions as you wish. This should work in front-end.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Solomon Hodge
  • Solomon Hodge's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 7 months ago #125683 by Solomon Hodge
Replied by Solomon Hodge on topic Re: K2 ACL - Only allow editing to a specific category
Thanks Lefteris for the reply. With what you said, would this mean that there's no way to have k2 Item access limited using K2 User Groups in the back-end?

More
10 years 7 months ago #125684 by Lefteris
No, with the current version limiting access to specific categories in administration is not possible.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)