Keyword

Sorting Issue

More
10 years 7 months ago #125736 by Kevin
Sorting Issue was created by Kevin
Hi,
I am having a sorting issue that I hope someone can help me with. I have a section on my site that I display youtube videos (See screenshot) 192.95.33.40/~warforce/Files/Pics/Sort.png. I am trying to set them in a particular order. For some reason, it is defaulting to 3,2,1 (See screenshot) 192.95.33.40/~warforce/Files/Pics/Sort2.png. When I change the order in the admin panel to 1,2,3 and save it (See screenshot) 192.95.33.40/~warforce/Files/Pics/Sort3.png , when I logout and log back in, it's set back to 3,2,1. Anyone know what might be wrong ? Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #125737 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Sorting Issue
Hi. In the administration list this happens because you sort by a specific column. To get it working in front-end probably you need to set item ordering to "ordering" in the category settings.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
10 years 7 months ago #125738 by Kevin
Replied by Kevin on topic Re: Sorting Issue
Thanks for the reply. I think I have it set that way already and any selection I make there doesn't do anything. See screen shot.

Lefteris Kavadas wrote: Hi. In the administration list this happens because you sort by a specific column. To get it working in front-end probably you need to set item ordering to "ordering" in the category settings.

Attachments:

More
10 years 7 months ago #125739 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Sorting Issue
OK then make sure that the category does not inherit settings from another category and that you have not created a menu link to multiple K2 categories. In that case the ordering must be set from the menu link settings. Finally i take as standard that you are using the latest version of K2 along with a supported version of Joomla!.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)